The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
David2Dave

Possible Trades?

How about these for possible trades;

- Jesse Puljujarvi (-10 winger +/-) & a prospect to Carolina for Micheal Ferland (+9 winger +/-)

- Milan Lucic (Big Contract & -10 Winger +/-) & a prospect to Ottawa for Matt Duchene (Almost equal big contract as Lucic's, -5 +/-, wins 55.3% of Faceoffs)

- Adam Larsson (-8 +/-, 12 pts in 45 games) & a prospect to St. Louis for Colton Parayko (+9 +/-, 12 pts in 43 games)

As well, these trades will make the team faster overall, stronger at centre as well as with the team-defence, and more stable on the blueline.

Toronto's got cap trouble on the rise, and I'm hearing talk of them wanting to move Jake Gardiner. Think he'd be worth looking at?

Something I've been thinking about...  Lucic for Neal of the Flames.  Flames need grit and someone that can possibly score in a different local, Neal the same, he may find his scoring touch on a McD line.  May just revive both players?

4 hours ago, CalgaryFlamesAltFan said:

Something I've been thinking about...  Lucic for Neal of the Flames.  Flames need grit and someone that can possibly score in a different local, Neal the same, he may find his scoring touch on a McD line.  May just revive both players?

You guys should not be messing with your mojo in Calgary right now, whatever you guys are doing is working.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:03 AM, GrooveyAsh said:

Toronto's got cap trouble on the rise, and I'm hearing talk of them wanting to move Jake Gardiner. Think he'd be worth looking at?

What I've heard is they might be wanting to trade Connor Brown . Who was an Ex teammate of Connor McDavid in Erie . 

I know someone is going to ask " why would the Leaf's do that " ? But here it is anyway  .

Jesse Puljujarvi 

To Toronto

Connor Brown 

To Edmonton 

Or 

Jesse Puljujarvi

To Washington

Andre Burakovsky

To Edmonton .

Burakovsky is another Ex teammate of Connor McDavid in Erie . Both players are struggling with their present teams and just might catch fire being reunited with McDavid .

Edited by billpayor

15 minutes ago, billpayor said:

What I've heard is they might be wanting to trade Connor Brown . Who was an Ex teammate of Connor McDavid in Erie . 

I know someone is going to ask " why would the Leaf's do that " ? But here it is anyway  .

Jesse Puljujarvi 

To Toronto

Connor Brown 

To Edmonton 

Or 

Jesse Puljujarvi

To Washington

Andre Burakovsky

To Edmonton .

Burakovsky is another Ex teammate of Connor McDavid in Erie . Both players are struggling with their present teams and just might catch fire being reunited with McDavid .

So then, why would the Leafs do that deal?

Sounds like Leaf nation is in the process of running Jake Gardiner out of town, and they need defense. We have the defensive dmen to shelter Gardiner. I think a more productive defense would help our secondary scoring a lot.

Would they take Russel for Gardiner? Pretty even money, with Russel being longer. Would Russel waive his NMC?

35 minutes ago, billpayor said:

Jesse Puljujarvi 

To Toronto

Connor Brown 

To Edmonton 

Or 

Jesse Puljujarvi

To Washington

Andre Burakovsky

To Edmonton .

Did Brown or Burakowski actually play a lot with McD while in Erie? Is there an established chemistry involved here? Otherwise, I feel this may be straw-grasping...

Yep - no way would I trade JP for Brown - and even Burakovsky - he's another enigma. I say we keep JP (I know I know, most threads I'm hammering on trading him and I will again tomorrow no doubt) because I really don't think  we can get value for him. I don't want another 'reclamation' project for him, nor a 3rd round or lesser pick. So yeah, we keep him sign him to a bridge deal for less than 1M per year for the next two years and see if he can become a 20 goal guy on the cheap. Big, skating cheap wingers is what we need anyway. And though a different position, look what Brossiot is doing in Wpg? I'd really hate to give JP away then all of sudden see him develop into a star winger on a cheap contract. I'd rather keep him and let him be a bust (if that's what he is)

What is Carolina doing? They have a steady program on defense for the next few years, but their forwards are a bunch of kids with Teravainen and Justin Williams. I'm assuming Williams is about done, since he's 37 and expiring contract. Ferland is rumored to be available, but what is he asking for? Seems weird that they would want draft picks, or JP, or prospects, because their forward group is so young already. Would they take Lucic for a veteran presence? We'd have to keep some of his money. Ferland would be a top2 RW on our team immediately

Lucic (we retain half) for Ferland (then we offer Ferland $4for4). 

If Ferland takes our offer, we get younger, faster, more scoring. If not, we get Cap space. Carolina gets a hard working vet at the correct price.

24 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

So then, why would the Leafs do that deal?

Sounds like Leaf nation is in the process of running Jake Gardiner out of town, and they need defense. We have the defensive dmen to shelter Gardiner. I think a more productive defense would help our secondary scoring a lot.

Would they take Russel for Gardiner? Pretty even money, with Russel being longer. Would Russel waive his NMC?

Russell and what else for Gardiner ?

5 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

Yep - no way would I trade JP for Brown - and even Burakovsky - he's another enigma. I say we keep JP (I know I know, most threads I'm hammering on trading him and I will again tomorrow no doubt) because I really don't think  we can get value for him. I don't want another 'reclamation' project for him, nor a 3rd round or lesser pick. So yeah, we keep him sign him to a bridge deal for less than 1M per year for the next two years and see if he can become a 20 goal guy on the cheap. Big, skating cheap wingers is what we need anyway. And though a different position, look what Brossiot is doing in Wpg? I'd really hate to give JP away then all of sudden see him develop into a star winger on a cheap contract. I'd rather keep him and let him be a bust (if that's what he is)

I just looked at how much Burakovsky makes $3M and he's RFA next year . I don't know if I like it so much .

But Connor Brown is $2.1M for this season & next then he's RFA too .  A gritty winger with speed to play with Connor & Leon for the price of a young under achieving developing player . Makes me wonder . Why would the Leaf's do that deal ?

1 minute ago, billpayor said:

Russell and what else for Gardiner ?

I am thinking Russel's cap hit for the next 2.5 years, and the fact that we're losing Gardiner for nothing this summer, balances out the deal. 

Gardiner being a rental discounts his value. Russel being affordable for the Leafs, and moveable after this season, increases his value.

And they need a defensive dman, or two. 

6 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

What is Carolina doing? They have a steady program on defense for the next few years, but their forwards are a bunch of kids with Teravainen and Justin Williams. I'm assuming Williams is about done, since he's 37 and expiring contract. Ferland is rumored to be available, but what is he asking for? Seems weird that they would want draft picks, or JP, or prospects, because their forward group is so young already. Would they take Lucic for a veteran presence? We'd have to keep some of his money. Ferland would be a top2 RW on our team immediately

Lucic (we retain half) for Ferland (then we offer Ferland $4for4). 

If Ferland takes our offer, we get younger, faster, more scoring. If not, we get Cap space. Carolina gets a hard working vet at the correct price.

Why would Carolina do that deal ? They'd be better off signing Ferland who is 26 with 25 points and a +7 for $4Mx4 . 

6 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

I am thinking Russel's cap hit for the next 2.5 years, and the fact that we're losing Gardiner for nothing this summer, balances out the deal. 

Gardiner being a rental discounts his value. Russel being affordable for the Leafs, and moveable after this season, increases his value.

And they need a defensive dman, or two. 

It just makes too much sense . Doesn't it ?

7 minutes ago, billpayor said:

Why would Carolina do that deal ? They'd be better off signing Ferland who is 26 with 25 points and a +7 for $4Mx4 . 

I agree but they either don't seem willing to do that, or Ferland is asking for WAY more. We'd be the team losing Ferland for nothing instead of them. But actually we just bought some cap flexibility.

They'd have Lucic at the right price, and they'd have a few more million to spend in free agency. I'm guessing that is their plan to build a forward group and get a goalie, so they don't waste the good years of that defense they've put together.

Murky though, I really don't get what Carolina is cooking over there

5 minutes ago, billpayor said:

It just makes too much sense . Doesn't it ?

The catch is Russel waiving. I'll ask him when I see him...😋

Edited by Fogolin2

Elliotte Friedman’s latest 31 Thoughts at Sportsnet has the following: “Carolina is not in a position to allow its potential unrestricted free agents to walk for nothing. They are far, far apart in negotiations with Micheal Ferland, so it looks like “when” not “if” for him.” Friedman is thought of as being in the know on these types of issues, and if he is correct, Hurricanes fans should be very unhappy.

36 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

Elliotte Friedman’s latest 31 Thoughts at Sportsnet has the following: “Carolina is not in a position to allow its potential unrestricted free agents to walk for nothing. They are far, far apart in negotiations with Micheal Ferland, so it looks like “when” not “if” for him.” Friedman is thought of as being in the know on these types of issues, and if he is correct, Hurricanes fans should be very unhappy.

Sounds like something the Oilers should just stay away from .

1 hour ago, Fogolin2 said:

I agree but they either don't seem willing to do that, or Ferland is asking for WAY more. We'd be the team losing Ferland for nothing instead of them. But actually we just bought some cap flexibility.

They'd have Lucic at the right price, and they'd have a few more million to spend in free agency. I'm guessing that is their plan to build a forward group and get a goalie, so they don't waste the good years of that defense they've put together.

Murky though, I really don't get what Carolina is cooking over there

The catch is Russel waiving. I'll ask him when I see him...😋

Lucic = same as Russel - everyone seems to forget the fact that our big cap guys are on NMC too. Why would Lucic waive to go to Carolina? Guess what, he won't. As for Russell, he gets enough grief here. Not sure how thick his skin but spotlight on you in Toronto compared to here is almost the same as the spotlight on a player here as compared to Florida. I could be wrong and maybe Russell would agree to a trade to Toronto but no way no how Lucic agrees to go to Carolina. 

2 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

Lucic = same as Russel - everyone seems to forget the fact that our big cap guys are on NMC too. Why would Lucic waive to go to Carolina?  

Because there's been smoke twice about Lucic asking out.

Why do you have to say "everyone"? If you want to question me, just question me. 

5 hours ago, Oil_Dude said:

You guys should not be messing with your mojo in Calgary right now, whatever you guys are doing is working.

Unless Neal is doing something amazing in the locker room, he is a trade candidate.  He's really not part of the equation in the Flames success on the ice, and the Flames have lots of wingers in the pipeline.  If Lucic is not a team player, then yes I would agree with your assessment.  I have seen Lucic stand up and be counted at times, so his give a **** factor is there, so it Neals.  It's just not working for either player on either team right now.

3 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

Because there's been smoke twice about Lucic asking out.

Why do you have to say "everyone"? If you want to question me, just question me. 

Ok then why do you think Lucic would want to go to Carolina? Would you given their ownership there? And remember, before you answer, though I'm sure are well aware, he lives in LA in the off season. Not sure where his wife and kids live but wouldn't surprise me if they lived there all year round (but I don't know). 

38 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

Ok then why do you think Lucic would want to go to Carolina? Would you given their ownership there? And remember, before you answer, though I'm sure are well aware, he lives in LA in the off season. Not sure where his wife and kids live but wouldn't surprise me if they lived there all year round (but I don't know). 

To get out of the fishbowl he is currently in. To be able to live somewhat of a normal life in a non-microscope market. To not live in the darkest place in the league. To go to a market that might appreciate what he brings at 3mil, rather than a market that gets pissed off at his 6mil.

As you mentioned with the family details, I don't think it's about where he goes, it's about not being here any longer.

15 minutes ago, Oiler8409 said:

To anh

yams , spooner, 2nd 2019 2nd 2020

to edm

rakell

I hate giving up those picks. 

Yammo and Spooner 

for Silvferberg (rental)

On 1/17/2019 at 11:27 AM, Oiler8409 said:

or to anh

yams gamberdella 2nd 2019 3rd 2020 spooner

to edm

rakell,silvferberg

that's the only two good players that Anaheim has going for them. Their fans would go nuts

Ok fair enough 

to anh

benson spooner Gambardella 2nd 20202

to edm

rakell mahura 

to car

Rattie Kassian 3rd 2019

to edm

ferland Necas

to cgy

russel 

to edm

gawdin lazar

to nj 

seks

to edm

wood walsh

to t.o

Benning montoya 4th

to edm

Zaitsev 2 mill retained timashov 2nd

to pits

manning lucic

to edm

bassard oleksiak 

To clb

nurse bassard 1st 2020

to edm

Werenski panarin 

to dal

wells reider

to edm

nich point mascherin 

To vegas

norell vesey Russel

To edm 

reaves pirri

To nyi

rnh talbot 

to edm 

bellows lehner 

sign panarin 7x7 

ferland 6yr x 4

chai 3 x 1

werenski 8yr x 5

Koskinen 3 x 3 

Lehner 3 x 3

francouz 3 x 925k

Sign tanner jaillet 3yr x 800k

next year

Panarin McDavid ferland

rakell drai chai

Wood rnh Nich

kharia Brodziak reaves

pirri

klef larsson

werenski zaitsev 

oleksiak petrovic

gravel

Koskinen lehner 

I know this is a pipe dream but it would be nice

my main trades would be car anh and nj and t.o.