The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
Fogolin2

Oilers @ Wild

I'm sure the boys are glad to be out of town. At least nobody will be throwing stuff at them.

Image result for edmonton oilers gif

Image result for drinking gif

Edited by Fogolin2

As bad as the finish in the last game was - took the wind right out of me - I'm hopeful tonight that we get past that (like a bad taco going through the system).

Apart from sitting out spare players, Hitchcock is not using the press box to send messages to players.  If we want any chance of stemming crappy play on the ice, we have to be serious and consistent about the message. 

GO OILERS !!!!!!!

Thanks for the GDT, Fogolin.

I’m wondering if we can start playing survivor with the team? Who will be voted off the island after tonight’s game? More than likely, no one will be traded or bought out or waived. 

j1fhk3fbbmf4hl6hsyl0c1smpjqvvrAfw3rr8qrq

Good question, VO.  I don't see trade values for many of the players but waiving some players might help (eg. Benning).  We have hurt ourselves with contract buyouts and probably should avoid that until we have some cap flexibility (we're still paying $1.6 m for Pouliot and Gryba). 

But changes must be inevitable.

If the Oilers win tonight Fogolin2 will have to take over as the official GDT artist .

They have to win this for Talbot ,  the problem with that is ,  I'm not sure they give a crap about Talbot .

Looks like they've put a fork in Hitchcock too .

Edited by billpayor
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RapierShot said:

Good question, VO.  I don't see trade values for many of the players but waiving some players might help (eg. Benning).  We have hurt ourselves with contract buyouts and probably should avoid that until we have some cap flexibility (we're still paying $1.6 m for Pouliot and Gryba). 

But changes must be inevitable.

The Gryba buyout still boggles my mind. Burying the contracts, eating salary, or taking pennies on the dollar are the only way out of some of these. We can’t afford 1:1 swaps of bad contracts, even if the term is shorter. I’m so soured on the 1:1 deals. I think I’ll get on NHL19 and see if I can make some Chia deals and see how the AI grades it. If the AI can spot a sucker deal over PC well then we can use a video game for GM. Just kidding. 

Maybe

18 minutes ago, billpayor said:

If the Oilers win tonight Fogolin2 will have to take over as the official GDT artist .

They have to win this for Talbot ,  the problem with that is ,  I'm not sure they give a crap about Talbot .

Looks like they've put a fork in Hitchcock too .

High fives and drinking are what I do. I'll take the mantle if we win.

Koivu is out for the season as of last game, so maybe we'll catch the Wild sorting out their lineup without their captain. Or, maybe they come out and 'win one for the Gipper'

we'll see

8 minutes ago, VirginiaOiler said:

The Gryba buyout still boggles my mind. Burying the contracts, eating salary, or taking pennies on the dollar are the only way out of some of these. We can’t afford 1:1 swaps of bad contracts, even if the term is shorter. I’m so soured on the 1:1 deals. I think I’ll get on NHL19 and see if I can make some Chia deals and see how the AI grades it. If the AI can spot a sucker deal over PC well then we can use a video game for GM. Just kidding. 

Maybe

It appears Chiarelli couldn't have messed things up better..... even if that's what he was trying to do in the first place .

1 minute ago, Fogolin2 said:

High fives and drinking are what I do. I'll take the mantle if we win.

Koivu is out for the season as of last game, so maybe we'll catch the Wild sorting out their lineup without their captain. Or, maybe they come out and 'win one for the Gipper'

we'll see

I like your optimism . I'll give you a high five and start drinking right now . 

1 hour ago, Fogolin2 said:

I'm sure the boys are glad to be out of town. At least nobody will be throwing stuff at them.

Image result for edmonton oilers gif

Image result for drinking gif

Lol....😁

Hey Fog, dont know what to think of the game?  just gonna get into the sauce early?...perhaps to numb yourself?...I know depressing times.....

Hey, after all the crappy play the last few games, we're still in the mix....but once again,

WE

NEED

TO

WIN

THIS

GAME!

GO OILERS GO!..☝️😎

39 minutes ago, VirginiaOiler said:

I’m wondering if we can start playing survivor with the team? Who will be voted off the island after tonight’s game?

Lol....

A benching or healthy scratch will still count as being voted off the island......For this game, i vote Benning to be put into a raft!....😎

18 minutes ago, 94oildrops said:

Get your booze out of the cupboard ladies and gentlemen... You're gonna need it. :(

You know that Justin Trudeau changed certain Canadian laws to account for the Oilers, don't you?

🤪

27 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

Who knows the line up for today's game?   Bob?.....:th_shrug:

Talbot starts, thats all you need to know...................

17 minutes ago, RofRickster said:

Well, hopefully he won't be on the ice for ALL the goals against.....AGAIN! 

Talbot might be though! 

I think Hitchcock has been told to play Talbot and keep him in as long as he can before the NHL realizes they are tanking. Holy Cow and the Oilers are going into next season with Koskinen......... think about that! 

2 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Talbot might be though! 

I think Hitchcock has been told to play Talbot and keep him in as long as he can before the NHL realizes they are tanking. Holy Cow and the Oilers are going into next season with Koskinen......... think about that! 

I don’t think so. I think the team/hitch want to get a game back for Talbot. 

I haven't decided yet if I will watch this game or PVR it and fast forward through it after pouring back a few.

History vs. the Wild does not breed confidence and neither does recent history vs. other teams.

🙈

I don’t think the organization will try and lose on purpose they want to make the playoffs it’s about money 

They’ve never tanked on purpose they lose out of sheer incompetence 

Edited by Longtymfan

Lucic-McDavid-Rattie hahahahahhaaaa

Rieder-Draisatl-Chiasson

Khaira-Nugent Hopkins-Kassian

Cave-Malone-Puljujarvi

Klefbom-Larsson

Nurse-Russel

Manning-Benning

That first line lasts one shift. Or less.

the real beauty?!...the 2nd PP unit

Lucic-Khaira-Rattie

Klefbom-Benning

Hope Klef is ready to cover. That group could give up a couple shorties

6 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

Rieder-Draisatl-Chiasson

Cave-Malone-Puljujarvi

Klefbom-Larsson

Nurse-Russel

Manning-Benning

Lucic-Khaira-Rattie

Klefbom-Benning

No kidding, how ridiculous are these lines? Lucic and Rattie play with the best player in the league. Rieder with zero goals on the second line. Cave, Malone, Benning and Manning aren’t even NHL players. This lineup is atrocious and don’t even get me started on the 2nd pp unit, it’s utterly laughable 

11 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

Rieder-Draisatl-Chiasson

Cave-Malone-Puljujarvi

Klefbom-Larsson

Nurse-Russel

Manning-Benning

Lucic-Khaira-Rattie

Klefbom-Benning

I want to see Drai and McDavid back together and Nuge at 2c.

4 minutes ago, Messrules11 said:

No kidding, how ridiculous are these lines? Lucic and Rattie play with the best player in the league. Rieder with zero goals on the second line. Cave, Malone, Benning and Manning aren’t even NHL players. This lineup is atrocious and don’t even get me started on the 2nd pp unit, it’s utterly laughable 

McD has 78% of the goals and points of the first line. There are TWO other NHL players on the first line. 

hahhahahahhaaaa..I'm actually kind of excited to see it. I seriously have no idea what it's going to look like. It'll get me to tune in through the first set of line changes anyway.

25 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

Rieder-Draisatl-Chiasson

Cave-Malone-Puljujarvi

Klefbom-Larsson

Nurse-Russel

Manning-Benning

Lucic-Khaira-Rattie

Klefbom-Benning

Earlier today they said it was McD, Drai, and Rieder

Oops worldcup just showed that.

Edited by thekiltedzombie

10 minutes ago, thekiltedzombie said:

Earlier today they said it was McD, Drai, and Rieder

Oops worldcup just showed that.

I got it from thedailyfaceoff.com. They usually show practice lineups and pretty reliable with starting goalies

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this