The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
Coffey2Gretzky

GDT: Sharks @ Oilers - 5 PM (MT) Sat Feb 9.19 HNIC

Great to see the boys pull out the W vs a struggling Minnesota Wild team, LD has really been lighting the lamp lately and Tbot looked solid in the highlights I seen... I missed the game and may have to miss this one too. Can't see us beating the Sharks as they look to claim top spot in the Pacific division and possibly the entire West by the end of the season. That said, hoping to be pleasantly shocked/surprised by the outcome of this one.:)

4-2 Home crew. One of these days I'll get it right.:rolleyes:

GO OILERS GO!!

:th_wave:

...thx for gdt C2G, funny stuff!

Edited by HappyHappy

1 hour ago, TeamEllis said:

I actually think Drai might lead the NHL in goals this year.

More than the Great Ape? That's a tall order... hope you're right though!

4 hours ago, GrooveyAsh said:

So are like 7 other guys... if you consider 5 or 6 goals close... Drai's been hot lately though!

5 goals. So a Hattie next game and all of the sudden it’s anybody’s ball game. 

Edited by TeamEllis

Don't like this game boys - San Jose is battling Calgary now for top spot and handed them a 5 to 2 beatdown. One of two things will happen - they'll (Sharks) take the first two periods off, get behind, come out storming in the third and beat us in reg by two goals (last goal an EN goal) OR they come out hot right away and they blow us apart. Not sure which but don't like our chances. 

4 hours ago, TeamEllis said:

Is Karlsson still sick or injured?

He's day-to-day with a lower body injury. There is a chance he'll play tonight but he's missed the last 6 which hasn't really affected the Sharks. They lost their first 2 without him and now they've won their last 4 games.

of course the Sharks are favored , but you never know and that's why they play the games.

A bounce / save here or there will keep it close and with McD you never know.  Time to get back to 500 and this could be the one, depending on which Oilers team shows up.  A motivated Dry and McD will spell trouble for any club.

Well... Don't like our chances but I just found out Edmonton is getting a Peter's Drive In this year so if we lose, my emotions will be balanced. 

1 minute ago, VirginiaOiler said:

I’d like to know for my fantasy team. 

he's still listed as D2D by the team, but they are also not ruling him out for tonight.... my money says he plays.

Just now, 94oildrops said:

Well... Don't like our chances but I just found out Edmonton is getting a Peter's Drive In this year so if we lose, my emotions will be balanced. 

I honestly think Peters is over rated tbh.

16 hours ago, TeamEllis said:

I actually think Drai might lead the NHL in goals this year.

Wouldn't that be something! The Oilers win the Art Ross, Maurice Richard , Ted Lindsey tropheys and still miss the playoffs.

7 hours ago, TeamEllis said:

Is Karlsson still sick or injured?

They don't have to play him, it's the Oiler's!

19 minutes ago, 94oildrops said:

I thought Chia left town?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Me too.....I heard he mightve invested into a local restaurant. Probably wanted to live here for the next year and half, so he can pick up his pay cheque readily .....😎

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

10 hours ago, TeamEllis said:

5 goals. So a Hattie next game and all of the sudden it’s anybody’s ball game. 

You obviously don't mean against the Sharks do you?

1 hour ago, bronco73 said:

he's still listed as D2D by the team, but they are also not ruling him out for tonight.... my money says he plays.

I can agree with you when it comes to the burgers but those milkshakes are another story. Mmmmmhhhh 

57 minutes ago, El Cid said:

LOL!

37 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

Me too.....I heard he mightve invested into a local restaurant. Probably wanted to live here for the next year and half, so he can pick up his pay cheque readily .....😎

Hahahaha you guys are hilarious. Your comments made my morning. If PC is indeed managing the Edmonton location maybe I should apply. He does like to overpay his employees after all.  :th_rolf:

if PC is managing a restaurant, i'm going to take a tongue from an old pair of sneakers and try to trade it for a rib eye and the trimmings.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kman23 said:

if PC is managing a restaurant, i'm going to take a tongue from an old pair of sneakers and try to trade it for a rib eye and the trimmings.

hahaha.... this is gold!

We lost 7-2 against these guys last time we played them. We’ve lost 4 straight at home and are 2-10 in our last 12 here. The pk is now ranked 30th in the league. Game is on HNIC so we’re going to get smoked. Both our goalies will play and my only question is how long before the boos rain down and another jersey hits the ice. Enjoy the train wreck everyone 

2 hours ago, bronco73 said:

Red Deer got one a while ago and honestly it is overrated. Would much rather drive to Innisfail and have DnR. 

43 minutes ago, Messrules11 said:

We lost 7-2 against these guys last time we played them. We’ve lost 4 straight at home and are 2-10 in our last 12 here. The pk is now ranked 30th in the league. Game is on HNIC so we’re going to get smoked. Both our goalies will play and my only question is how long before the boos rain down and another jersey hits the ice. Enjoy the train wreck everyone 

So you are saying no chance?

17 minutes ago, Oil_Dude said:

So you are saying no chance?

SJ is playing for first in the division, just beat Calgary and are on a roll. Our guys? Playing Xbox and collecting a paycheque 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this