The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
Coffey2Gretzky

THE COUNTDOWN: "19 Wins" to get to the show!

9c52141681cb62d140159f6eec557dc3.png

6 wins needed.

I am an Alberta fan, which in my case means I follow Calgary & Edmonton.

No hate here, I hope that they both do well.

07d444c165905213dba7c511b2714816.png

The Oilers can only afford to lose a maximum of 1 of their final 7 games.

If they run the table, they could definitely still make the play-offs.

They don't deserve playoffs anyways.  This team is nowhere near ready for playoffs, I hope they lose game 1 so we don't have to look at that chart any more.

brocomud.JPG

Huge Thank-You to UnrefinedCrude for this awesome signature!

Welcome back bronco!

I hope that you had a wonderful time in NZ.

7 minutes ago, 420since1974 said:

Welcome back bronco!

I hope that you had a wonderful time in NZ.

I did so :)  Hated to come back lol... we are going to go back for another visit, it's a wonderful country.

brocomud.JPG

I try to visit someplace different every time that I travel.

We only have so many years on this planet and there is so much yet unseen.

Just now, 420since1974 said:

I try to visit someplace different every time that I travel.

We only have so many years on this planet and there is so much yet unseen.

yes true and that's how we "roll" as well, crossed a lot of must see's off the list already.... we are doing Ireland next, then Japan. 

In NZ the friends we went with the husband is from NZ, so we got to stay with a lot of his family and friends and they tour guided us.... met some great friends there so we will be going back to visit them for sure.

• Like 1

brocomud.JPG

The Oilers next 3 games are against teams (LA, Dallas, and Anaheim) that will be on the 2nd half of B2Bs after playing the Flames.

2 hours ago, 420since1974 said:

07d444c165905213dba7c511b2714816.png

The Oilers can only afford to lose a maximum of 1 of their final 7 games.

Now that you've said it...I'm sure theyll find a way to lose that one, and probably immediately.....It seems they're not interested in going to the show....:th_shrug:

img-168569-m.jpg

The Wild lost 1 zip to Preds tonight!....but that probably doesnt mean anything to the Oiler team......I dont know what can be done to motivate a stubborn mule.....Or they're simply too shy to play in the playoffs...:th_hockey20player:

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

img-168569-m.jpg

Damn Vegas, why cant they be their formidable self against the Avs?....Frickin getting beat 4 - 2 with a period to play....Avs have been playing without Landeskog the last 3 weeks and they keep winning!...How are they doing it?...I wonder if we lost McD or LD I wonder if we'd be winning?  Highly unlikely...:th_shrug:

img-168569-m.jpg

13 hours ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

Damn Vegas, why cant they be their formidable self against the Avs?....Frickin getting beat 4 - 2 with a period to play....Avs have been playing without Landeskog the last 3 weeks and they keep winning!...How are they doing it?.....:th_shrug:

#blametoby  

"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013

9c72a1d3eccb51846f7963a1740790da.png

Still alive.

55 minutes ago, 420since1974 said:

9c72a1d3eccb51846f7963a1740790da.png

Still alive.

now how did I know you were gonna post this today?  ;)

brocomud.JPG

1 hour ago, bronco73 said:

#blametoby

"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013

6 minutes ago, billpayor said:

#tobygoingtomakeboobeatthosewords

I feel so bad for you typing all those letters, and then seeing your spelling mistake almost at the mid point.... that's a lot of backspacing lol!

brocomud.JPG

Tampa is in a league of their own, they should take the Cup and if any other team can take them down then HATS OFF to them! There are always Cinderella stories however. I think the flamers make final 4, not sure after that.:th_shrug:

image.png

I totally agree that Tampa is the class of the league by far and it will take some bad luck for them to fail to win it all this season.

If Calgary does make it to the WCF this year, that would far exceed my expectations.

Heck, I'm happy that they are even in the running for the Division and Conference titles this late in the season.

5 hours ago, bronco73 said:

I thought that you had asked me to in the "Future of the Flames" thread.

Am I mistaken? 😉

32 minutes ago, 420since1974 said:

I totally agree that Tampa is the class of the league by far and it will take some bad luck for them to fail to win it all this season.

If Calgary does make it to the WCF this year, that would far exceed my expectations.

Heck, I'm happy that they are even in the running for the Division and Conference titles this late in the season.

I thought that you had asked me to in the "Future of the Flames" thread.

Am I mistaken? 😉

• Haha 1

brocomud.JPG

4 hours ago, bronco73 said:

I feel so bad for you typing all those letters, and then seeing your spelling mistake almost at the mid point.... that's a lot of backspacing lol!

Fun times .

:th_hockey20player:

The end mightve came last night.....Avs won in OT over the desert varmints...a 3 pt game!...And the Wild somehow beat the juggernaut Knights...so points all around!...

There is nothing to see here anymore.....:th_scared:

Can you imagine if we had won the two recent losses vs OTT and NJ?

I'm p!$$ed..:mad:...some heads need to roll after the season!....Plus 2/3s of the roster has to be revamped...

Time to give McD some real players to work and grow with!....and I'm not talking about ahl and college players either!... I'm talking about  REAL NHL players!....:th_rolf:

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

img-168569-m.jpg

30 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

:th_hockey20player:

The end mightve came last night.....Avs won in OT over the desert varmints...a 3 pt game!...And the Wild somehow beat the juggernaut Knights...so points all around!...

There is nothing to see here anymore.....:th_scared:

Can you imagine if we had won the two recent losses vs OTT and NJ?

I'm p!$$ed..:mad:...some heads need to roll after the season!....Plus 2/3s of the roster has to be revamped...

Time to give McD some real players to work and grow with!....and I'm not talking about ahl and college players either!... I'm talking about  REAL NHL players!....:th_rolf:

Wouldn't matter C2G and has been my argument since January. Teams in front of us will win, and when you have 7 teams between you and the playoffs (which was the case back then) it's a sure money bet if you predict at least two of those teams in front of you will match you (at worst) the rest of the way. Since you're already behind by 7 points that = ZERO chance at the playoffs, regardless of what the numbers say. 

This is why, I never even think about that, unless, at worst there are TWO teams in front of us. Any more than that, and you literally have to go on an 20 game stretch of 18 - 2 to get yourself back in the running. we didn't, and now this is where we are. Hard to believe we'll have two 100 point players, a possible Hart & Rocket Richard winner, plus two other players (Nuge / Kassian) with career years, and yet finish out of the playoffs without ever having really even contended for one since Jan 1. A feat that will never again be accomplished for sure. Just shows you what an absolutely terrible team PC constructed around McDavid. 

1 hour ago, OilyJetFan said:

Wouldn't matter C2G and has been my argument since January. Teams in front of us will win, and when you have 7 teams between you and the playoffs (which was the case back then) it's a sure money bet if you predict at least two of those teams in front of you will match you (at worst) the rest of the way. Since you're already behind by 7 points that = ZERO chance at the playoffs, regardless of what the numbers say. 

This is why, I never even think about that, unless, at worst there are TWO teams in front of us. Any more than that, and you literally have to go on an 20 game stretch of 18 - 2 to get yourself back in the running. we didn't, and now this is where we are. Hard to believe we'll have two 100 point players, a possible Hart & Rocket Richard winner, plus two other players (Nuge / Kassian) with career years, and yet finish out of the playoffs without ever having really even contended for one since Jan 1. A feat that will never again be accomplished for sure. Just shows you what an absolutely terrible team PC constructed around McDavid. 

Also Chaisson with a career year. It really is unbelievable. 

We had  few other guys with 'career' years as well:  Reider, Lucic, Talbot, etc.

It all blends together to make an ugly shade of gray.

• Like 1

fantyleaguecupbgnocchi_zpsd26307cf.png

Credits to UnrefinedCrude for the signature.  Big thanks!

6 minutes ago, nocchi said:

We had  few other guys with 'career' years as well:  Reider, Lucic, Talbot, etc.

It all blends together to make an ugly shade of gray.

and Talbot is right back up to his standard .920 save percentage in Philadelphia.

I continually said it wasn't him, it was the team in front of him, and I continually got shot down.  That's part of the problem with this organization, an inability to see where the real holes are.  Now we are stuck with what I consider to be a worse goaltender for the same money and longer term.  great.

brocomud.JPG

6 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

and Talbot is right back up to his standard .920 save percentage in Philadelphia.

I continually said it wasn't him, it was the team in front of him, and I continually got shot down.  That's part of the problem with this organization, an inability to see where the real holes are.  Now we are stuck with what I consider to be a worse goaltender for the same money and longer term.  great.

For the record ... I agreed with you.

The people doing the "finding" of professional hockey players to bring onto the roster (assistant GMs and Professional Scouting) simply are ALL far out of their depth, and have been for the entire Katz era.  It also leads to poor evaluation of when prospects are "ready" for the NHL, as clearly there is difficulty in perceiving what "NHL ready" and "NHL level ability" is within the entire organization. 

That IS what IS in the water in Oiler Culture ... Zero ability to see what the NHL is today ... only a perception that it is the same as it used to be, and lack of ability to learn from mistakes.

On 3/22/2019 at 11:41 AM, DeutchOil said:

For me ..... it would still be fun if the Oilers were sitting at 77 points, do or die against the Flames to get to 79 points, and beat last year's total.

I think my scenario has greater probability ...  but as it sits both still have small possibility of happening.

Will the Oilers beat last years 78 points ...... 

Need ONE win to do it.

The tension is killing me.