The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers

Checked this out today;  looks like Slovakia hosts from April 29 to May 5 ;  here is the offical website link ; https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/wm

I just Hope we don't have another Captain Canada situation on our hands for the next 10 years.

Outside of that , who from the Oilers will be representing their national teams?  McD , Nurse , Nuge for Canada / Drai Germany / Klef for Sweden / maybe Sek for ... is it Slovakia?  / 

What do you think?  I always like the World Championships.  It will give Oiler fans a second season and chance for some victorious times, cheering our boys on in their respective teams.

HONEST !   A nybody  B ut  E dmonton

in pursuit of the McDraft sweepstakes...

Damn;  looks like McD won't be playing at the WCs.  He is rehabbing and not physically up to it.  Well, that is a kick in the interest level for me.

wow our gals were knocked out by the Finns, who lost in OT to USA in the finals.  Move aside North American women, there are some new kids on the top seat.

Does anyone know when the rosters will be announced? I think Nuge & Nurse get invites for Canada (had Connor not got hurt he likely would go as well but not now). I heard that Larsson will play for Sweden & Draisaitl likely will play for Germany. Maybe Sekera gets the call for Slovakia as well.

In my previous incarnation here, I was Apples&Hay, with over 10,000 posts...I'm back, baby!

"We have to believe in Free Will, we have no choice!

The quarter-finals begin Thursday. Canada finished 1st in Group A thanks to a complete 3-0 victory over the USA this afternoon. We will play Switzerland whereas the Americans have the misfortune of having to play the juggernaut Russians in their quarter-final game. Germany plays Czech Republic & Finland plays Sweden. For the 1st time at the IIHF championship, teams will be re-seeded for the semis based on points after round robin play: 1st vs. 4th, 2nd vs. 3rd.

In my previous incarnation here, I was Apples&Hay, with over 10,000 posts...I'm back, baby!

"We have to believe in Free Will, we have no choice!