The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
RapierShot

2019 PLAYOFFS: ROUND 1

Colorado owned the Flames last night. Back to Denver now with home ice, last change and a rocking crowd. If they can get in Smith’s kitchen I like their chances.

One thing is clear after watching some games the Officials are not just biased against the Oilers some of them are just utterly incompetent. And the league better throw the book at that P*S Kadri. Two years in a row with the same garbage. He clearly didn't learn anything from last year.

Edited by IGibb

2 hours ago, IGibb said:

One thing is clear after watching some games the Officials are not just biased against the Oilers some of them are just utterly incompetent. And the league better throw the book at that P*S Kadri. Two years in a row with the same garbage. He clearly didn't learn anything from last year.

He's trash. Needs to miss the rest of round 1.

1 hour ago, Fogolin2 said:

Good thing we got rid of Eberle. No room for a dud like that on the Oilers.

That dud is playing for a contract.

3 minutes ago, Yuke said:

That dud is playing for a contract.

scored 25 again last year, but only 19 this year.

Now he's coming up clutch in the playoffs.

fogmetal2_zpsb2d99c8a.png

50 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

scored 25 again last year, but only 19 this year.

Now he's coming up clutch in the playoffs.

I will use your line that you always use about Hall. This is not the Eberle we traded away. We traded a guy who was scared of his own shadow when it came to tough playoff hockey.

Edited by IGibb

We're seeing an Eberle that didn't play here, especially in the playoffs.  Now that he has to play for a contract, he's forced to raise his game.  Besides, Chaisson has given us 20 goals, for a lot less $. 

Happy for the guy but he is where he belongs.

The Future Ain't What It Used To Be

3 hours ago, IGibb said:

I will use your line that you always use about Hall. This is not the Eberle we traded away. We traded a guy who was scared of his own shadow when it came to tough playoff hockey.

I've watched most of all 3 games in the Isles series. It's the same guy. Same game.

He's not so good that he 'elevates' his game. He does what he does, and it's pretty useful.

3 hours ago, RapierShot said:

We're seeing an Eberle that didn't play here, especially in the playoffs.  Now that he has to play for a contract, he's forced to raise his game.  Besides, Chaisson has given us 20 goals, for a lot less $. 

Happy for the guy but he is where he belongs.

I'm also glad that he got out.

10 hours ago, IGibb said:

Hanlon's razor + Occam's razor = refs ain't corrupt - they just suck.

fantyleaguecupbgnocchi_zpsd26307cf.png

Credits to UnrefinedCrude for the signature.  Big thanks!

7 hours ago, 94oildrops said:

The Lightning are down 3-0 now... Their playoff series has turned into a tragic comedy. Its completely baffling. 

I wasn't even sure that Columbus was going to make the playoffs, and I wasn't sure that Tampa was going to lose a playoff game on their march to the Cup.

Crazy

12 hours ago, Fogolin2 said:

I've watched most of all 3 games in the Isles series. It's the same guy. Same game.

He's not so good that he 'elevates' his game. He does what he does, and it's pretty useful.

I'm also glad that he got out.

No he's not. In all his years here I never saw him go toe to toe with a guy in a scrum like he did with Hornquist the other night. He is engaged in the games, something he was definitely not during our playoff run with him. 

3 hours ago, Fogolin2 said:

I wasn't even sure that Columbus was going to make the playoffs, and I wasn't sure that Tampa was going to lose a playoff game on their march to the Cup.

Crazy

It amazes me how unpredictable NHL playoffs are these days. In Tampa's case it's most likely mental block of some kind and the team has fallen apart. I wish they'd prove me wrong but highly unlikely they could win the next 4 against the Blue Jackets at this point. I can see Stamkos never winning the Cup, which would be a shame but that's the way it is. Same for Joe Thornton and Henrik Lundqvist. The teams win the Cup not the stars. 

"When the tough get goin', go an' get tough."

Ovechkin destroys Svechnikov

and I completely disagree with the commentators assessment.  Ovechkin was already in motion of another swing when they went down, it was a clean fight.

• Like 1

brocomud.JPG

Huge Thank-You to UnrefinedCrude for this awesome signature!

2 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

Ovechkin destroys Svechnikov

and I completely disagree with the commentators assessment.  Ovechkin was already in motion of another swing when they went down, it was a clean fight.

What the hell is that kid thinking?

and Ovi didn't ram his head down, the stupid kid went limp, and Ovi was holding on to him. He fell back, Ovi fell forward. No intent.

55 minutes ago, EternalFrost said:

Columbus leading late in the 2nd. Crazy. Lightning looked unbeatable in the regular season.

Nick Foligno. 

We need a Nick Foligno or 7 Nick Folignos

incredible.  There's going to be some peeved peeps in tampa, wow

Edited by bronco73

brocomud.JPG

I'd like to go back in time and make a parlay bet, that the Lightning and Penguins would win a combined total of ZERO playoff games in 2019.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fogolin2 said:

I'd like to go back in time and make a parlay bet, that the Lightning and Penguins would win a combined total of ZERO playoff games in 2019.

I’d like to go back in time and get a sports almanac. I’d have enough money to buy the Oilers and clean house lol

Hahaha it's wonderful watching the Flames fail after having so much success in the regular season. :D So many Flames fans gave us flack about how we are a one man team with Connor McDavid... *clears throat* Guess in the playoffs they are a one man team too.  :th_rolf:That player would be Mike Smith. At least Connor can score! 

12 hours ago, 94oildrops said:

Hahaha it's wonderful watching the Flames fail after having so much success in the regular season. :D So many Flames fans gave us flack about how we are a one man team with Connor McDavid... *clears throat* Guess in the playoffs they are a one man team too.  :th_rolf:That player would be Mike Smith. At least Connor can score! 

I agree it's great to see, but I definitely wouldn't count them out just yet.  Part of the problem with the Flames is that in the regular season they got all the love from officiating, ranking either first or second in the entire league in power plays for the entire season.   In the playoffs the officials do set the whistles down in many cases where they may have blown it in the regular season.  Playing on an even keel with the opposition for more of the game seems to not agree with them lol!  That being said, they are getting that one thing that EVERY team needs in the playoffs, goaltending.  Everything comes down to goaltending in the NHL playoffs.   If Colorado sits back on this lead it could end up very bad for them. 

brocomud.JPG

On 4/15/2019 at 9:02 AM, IGibb said:

No he's not. In all his years here I never saw him go toe to toe with a guy in a scrum like he did with Hornquist the other night. He is engaged in the games, something he was definitely not during our playoff run with him. 

Makes you wonder what was up.  Might he had been playing injured during that playoff with the Oilers??