The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
RapierShot

2019 PLAYOFFS : ROUND 3

The merry-go-round continues.....and now we're down to the final four.  A big shout-out to the AVs...you didn't get past the Sharks but we love you for taking care of the Flames!

Bruins vs Canes  (this smells like a 7-gamer)

Blues vs Sharks ( all about goalies)

So, for those of you that didn't lose all the kids' college funds and rent money, have fun!

The Future Ain't What It Used To Be

After that clown Boston radio host hung up on the Carolina beat reporter, because he didn't like a southern accent talking about hockey....just another reason that the Bruins can F right off. And, add it to Grapes F'ing right off, I'm really pulling for the Canes

Blues vs Sharks, I think it's a crap shoot but I'll stick with my pick and say SJ gets through and

Disco Joe finally gets his Cup

fogmetal2_zpsb2d99c8a.png

3 hours ago, Fogolin2 said:

Disco Joe finally gets his Cup

Would be sweet if it was against the Bruins in the final. But quite possibly it might end up being Blues vs Canes for the cup, which I would have never thought possible in my wildest dreams. This is one of the craziest years in a few decades.  

"When the tough get goin', go an' get tough."

Well, for this round I'll go with Bruins in 6 & Blues in 7.

In my previous incarnation here, I was Apples&Hay, with over 10,000 posts...I'm back, baby!

"We have to believe in Free Will, we have no choice!

4 hours ago, Greyone said:

Would be sweet if it was against the Bruins in the final. But quite possibly it might end up being Blues vs Canes for the cup, which I would have never thought possible in my wildest dreams. This is one of the craziest years in a few decades.  

Certainly the craziest within my lifetime so far. I really wouldn't mind Carolina taking the cup though I would prefer seeing the Blues win because they haven't won a championship and Maroon deserves it. I've never hated Carolina just cause they beat us in 06. I've always respected them and to see the franchise turn things around like this has been a beautiful thing to watch. :)  You gotta respect that! It gives me a bit of hope that we can do the same thing in the future. 

Had a beer with my buddy tonight who's an Avs (Nordique) fan. I thought I'd be consoling him, but he's pumped.....

game 7 round 2

8th youngest top20 roster in the league

picking 4th and 16th in the upcoming draft

Rantanen contract is his only concern, but they're fine capwise, and NateM making 6.3 should help keep the price reasonable. 

They're going to be really good for a while. 

fogmetal2_zpsb2d99c8a.png

7 hours ago, TeamEllis said:

Sharks have a golden horse shoe up their quantum singularity. I hope the blues bury them. 

I hope so too. But the Sharks do have two players in Couture and Turtle with 9g, 5a in 14 games and then toss in their D in Burns and Karls and they have 4 players in top 8 playoff scoring. They are a huge force, as I expected from season start. Rooting for Patty and Perron to take them out.

image.png

14 hours ago, HappyHappy said:

I hope so too. But the Sharks do have two players in Couture and Turtle with 9g, 5a in 14 games and then toss in their D in Burns and Karls and they have 4 players in top 8 playoff scoring. They are a huge force, as I expected from season start. Rooting for Patty and Perron to take them out.

Perron? Eww. 

At least you don't have to go thru the experience of listening to their announcers....that would take your hate of the team to all new levels.

I am finding since the "local" Comcast announcers were done after Round 1, that I dislike them more than the actual team itself.

Sickening hand pass goal in a conference finals OT. Goals should be reviewable, the most important part of the game and unable to review it? The league is a disgrace.

19 minutes ago, Messrules11 said:

Sickening hand pass goal in a conference finals OT. Goals should be reviewable, the most important part of the game and unable to review it? The league is a disgrace.

I gotta ask Mess, I'm just tuning in here, Is there anything you like... about anything. Serious question... what makes you smile in life?

image.png

24 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

I gotta ask Mess, I'm just tuning in here, Is there anything you like... about anything. Serious question... what makes you smile in life?

Don’t get weird on me Happy 

the non-call on that hand pass was absolutely disgraceful & I don't even have a dog in the hunt anymore (I leaped off a bandwagon when the Jets got eliminated). I am flabbergasted that all 4 officials on the ice missed it. My gast has never been so flabbered ever since Talbot was interfered with in the crease in our series against the Ducks. :blink:

In my previous incarnation here, I was Apples&Hay, with over 10,000 posts...I'm back, baby!

17 hours ago, HappyHappy said:

HAHA I was thinking the exact same thing today. In this case he is right to be hateful. It is pathetic that a goal can be called back on an offside that happened 2 minutes before the goal is scored yet a blatantly missed infraction like the hand pass last night or the puck going into the net in the Boston Columbus series is a throw your hands in the air and say it's not reviewable situation. They need an off ice official at all the games that has the ability to inform the refs of blatantly missed calls that result in goals. They also need to ditch the stupid offside reviews and they need to get rid of the dumb over the glass penalty and treat it like an icing.

And now, stepping up to the tee box....the Hurricanes!  I can't believe that was the same Canes team that started the playoffs...how things can change quickly!

The whole episode in the Blues / Sharks game can make a man cry.  At the same time, have to remember that mistakes happen - even in the NHL.  Think we'll be hearing a lot more about officiating / rule changes in the off-season for sure.

Keep the faith Blues!   Go git 'em!!!!

The Future Ain't What It Used To Be

14 hours ago, RapierShot said:

And now, stepping up to the tee box....the Hurricanes!  I can't believe that was the same Canes team that started the playoffs...how things can change quickly!

The whole episode in the Blues / Sharks game can make a man cry.  At the same time, have to remember that mistakes happen - even in the NHL.  Think we'll be hearing a lot more about officiating / rule changes in the off-season for sure.

Keep the faith Blues!   Go git 'em!!!!

Sweeping a series is not the best when other series go long. Every team that has swept a series has been eliminated in the next round so far this year. Will be interesting to see how Boston handles it as they could be off for 15 days.

And the league has punted the two refs from the playoffs that botched the GWG in the last Blues/Sharks game. They better be careful or they will have no "competent" refs left by the finals.

If the Blues win tonight I'll be 2 for 2 in my predictions for this round, quite a change from how the rest of the playoffs have been for me. :th_paranoid: