The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike

We all know the orange must go . . . so do THIS

Guest Mike

We've been around the bend and back with jersey changes, I know.  Should we really talk about changing again?  Absolutely.  There is zero chance these hunting blazers stay around long-term, so why not rip the band-aid off and change it up now to signal the beginning of a new era (again)?  You only get these opportunities every so often (far too often, lately).

Look at the Condors jersey.  Their logo is gross, but they have the right colour scheme on what would be our home jerseys (should be away, but that's another story):

Dark blue with orange trim.  I repeat, dark blue with orange trim.  You keep the same white, you can keep the hunting vests for a third jersey, but you go back to blue for the home (should be away, did I mention that?).  I loved the old blue and orange growing up in the 80's, but got so used to the navy and copper of the late-90's I found it hard to go back to the royal blue jerseys and smurf-blue helmets.  I kept thinking, 'just go with a darker blue, but keep the same basic colour scheme.'  We're real close to this now, if we just follow the Condors lead.  

Let me put this another way: the Condors must have realized the full orange was awful, so they made a wise decision.  Time to humble ourselves, take a cue from the farm.

A multitude of Oilers fans will be happy with this change.  It's not full retro, but it's just an update of our traditional colour scheme.

I am not sure if the Orange should go per say. I know a lot of fans who like it. Plus the Oilers pushed the Orange Crush. I grew up watching them in the late 70s and 80s too but I like the change to orange their original colors when they played in the WHA. I would like to see the Blue used more though then just a handful of games. I also think the jersey color is the least of their problems.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this