The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
RapierShot

ROUND 4: STANLEY CUP FINALS

And now, the end is near and so we face the final curtain....

In the wake of blown-up brackets, divorces, lost children and miscellany playoff catastrophes, we have arrived at the final round!

BLUES VS BRUINS........bragging rights in every hometown pub until August!

I want the Blues to win...for the Plager brothers (whom I watched play), for the St Louis bbqs, and for the blues music that named a team!  And because they ARE the Cinderella story this year...GO BLUES!

The Future Ain't What It Used To Be

I had the Blues from the playoff start and would like to see them go all the way. I snagged Binny in the keeper league once I seen him catch fire and what that Blues team can do when they play as a collective. Bruins own them in all stats... GF, GA, PP, PK, Goaltending, all categories. Rask has been unreal. Should be a gooder.

I'm hoping Blues in 6. Git er dun at home for Patty!

image.png

Because I want to see Pat Maroon lift the Cup, I'm cheering for the Blues but with my head will pick Boston in 7. :th_paranoid::th_scared:

In my previous incarnation here, I was Apples&Hay, with over 10,000 posts...I'm back, baby!

"We have to believe in Free Will, we have no choice!

On 5/22/2019 at 4:27 PM, RapierShot said:

And now, the end is near and so we face the final curtain....

In the wake of blown-up brackets, divorces, lost children and miscellany playoff catastrophes, we have arrived at the final round!

BLUES VS BRUINS........bragging rights in every hometown pub until August!

I want the Blues to win...for the Plager brothers (whom I watched play), for the St Louis bbqs, and for the blues music that named a team!  And because they ARE the Cinderella story this year...GO BLUES!

I vaguely remember the Plagar brothers but I was rather young back then lol. My earliest hockey memories are cheering my face off for the Montreal Canadiens & being a huge Ken Dryden fan.

In my previous incarnation here, I was Apples&Hay, with over 10,000 posts...I'm back, baby!

That was good stuff, Apps...never forget Dryden leaning on his stick during the quiet moments of a game - then closing the door on anything fired at him.

Yup. I used to play goal & always leaned on my stick like Dryden did.

A 1970 final rematch. This is gonna be fun. I like both teams but for the Blues sake along with our ex-Oilers playing there, I'll cheer for em! :)

The Blues got their split in Boston & now come home with home ice advantage & hopefully some momentum too. I still think this series has potential to go the distance.

• Like 1

Series tied 2-2. Broken jaw Chara, didn't see that coming.:o Tough loss for Boston if he can't play which I'm guessing is the case?

Back to Boston we go...

Go Blues!

image.png

24 minutes ago, Messrules11 said:

Refs wreck yet another game. 

Mystified. I just can't believe some of the calls/non-calls this year. Awful.

fogmetal2_zpsb2d99c8a.png

that missed slewfoot was pretty bad. If I'm St. Louis I walk away saying nothing & hope refs don't play even-up in Game 6. :th_paranoid: :blink: :th_paranoid:

The NHL is really losing credibility with  regular season and now playoff games decided by officials. If you start to watch these games as a neutral observer you can clearly see often this is not just one missed call but several actions to impair one team vs the other. It is calls or missed calls against one team to undermine the fairness in the game.

I like to record games often and gave a chance to go back and forth through the game....what I witness is not just poor officiating but a severe attempt to alter the outcome of the games. I am an Oiler fan and noticed this on occasion with my team however there is a league wide failure against many teams. I have watched countless plays where officials had a perfect view of being right on top of clear violations ignoring a call....I have a hard time to believe that the percentage of missed calls from people who are trained observers in their job could miss this so often from right in front of them. Yes humans are not perfect but the video and the percentage of these episodes would indicate more is going on here.

I have witnessed video reviews where the broadcaster has shown a quick clip of what transpired and after a couple minutes with NHL review that clip is clearly never shown again and we are fed a worse impaired feed to determine what happened....you are kidding me right?  How is it the NHL does not have access to every footage taken!

You can watch other sports and sure a call is missed once in a while but the NHL in the last 4 years has become a regular occurence and often several per game,what is alarming is there always seems to be the missed calls or the calls against the one team....it now is not hard to guess which team will get screwed by the officials.

Greatest game on earth is quickly becoming a sideshow for who does the NHL and officials want to handicap.

Too bad that there has been more discussion on poor officiating than the play on the ice but justifiably so.  I have decided that I will not be watching game 7 of the cup final this year because "the best team wins" is debatable regardless of who that ends up being.  Too bad the game is tainted.  Also, the fact that the NHL wants to drag out the season as long as possible is a joke.  There is no reason why the games could not be played every other night and maybe 1 extra day in between rounds.  I do not support the current mind set.

2 hours ago, HappyHappy said:

GO BLUES GO!! (gulp:ph34r:)

pretty excited about this one. Not very often you get one game for all the marbles. I'm pulling for St Lou too, but it's going to be tough. Boston is a experienced and skilled and tough team, with excellent goaltending. And home ice.

gulp indeed.

Pumped to watch it. 

Give me Ryan O'Reilly as the most underrated player in the league. I see no coverage of this guy, but he is a beast.

Crazy how this is going. It looks like St Lou could play like this until Labor Day. Just rolling lines, everybody on the same program. 

Neither the Lames (especially Tkachuk) or Marchand won it, so all in all, not a bad year despite the present state of the Oilers.

Well, that’s that. Another year in the books. Now back to the Oilers. Hopefully the playoff thread involves us next year.

Pretty Happy for Patty Maroon and David Perron.  Rejected by the Oilers, win the Stanley Cup.  Excellent for the NHL that a new team wins again, and it doesn't come on the strength of "Tank to Win".

"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013

Good for the Blues!   The broadcasters mentioned that the Blues have gone through the longest drought - 52 years.  Wait, the Leafs haven't won since 1967...that's 52 years by my figurin'.  A well-deserved drought!

37 minutes ago, DeutchOil said:

Pretty Happy for Patty Maroon and David Perron.  Rejected by the Oilers, win the Stanley Cup.  Excellent for the NHL that a new team wins again, and it doesn't come on the strength of "Tank to Win".

Perron wasn't rejected by the Oilers, it was the other way around.  That being said, I'm still happy for both of them, and especially for St. Louis for ending the drought.

brocomud.JPG

Huge Thank-You to UnrefinedCrude for this awesome signature!