Jump to content
The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
RapierShot

ROUND 4: STANLEY CUP FINALS

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, RapierShot said:

Good for the Blues!   The broadcasters mentioned that the Blues have gone through the longest drought - 52 years.  Wait, the Leafs haven't won since 1967...that's 52 years by my figurin'.  A well-deserved drought!

 

They must have been referring to Cup appearances not wins as you can see here the Blues made it to the finals three yrs in a row from 1968-70 only to be swept in each series. Fascinating to look back on the list of prior championship teams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Stanley_Cup_champions

Congrats to the Blues of 2019!

Edited by HappyHappy

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And, that is one of the great sports stories that we will witness in our lifetimes. Dead last on Jan 8th. Call up a nobody goalie....win the Cup on the road at the mighty Bruins in game 7.

 

Thrilled for Perron and Marroon, and Bowmeister and Parayko and O'Reilly....so many great stories


fogmetal2_zpsb2d99c8a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bronco73 said:

Perron wasn't rejected by the Oilers, it was the other way around.  That being said, I'm still happy for both of them, and especially for St. Louis for ending the drought.

Perron?  Depends on who you ask.  He got upset when he was dumped onto the 3rd line, not for lack of production, but because of .... Eakins.  Then the Oilers, after dealing him away for bottle caps and pocket lint made a BIG deal of him wanting out.  It's NEVER the Oilers fault after all.  Couldn't be .... Blame Toby.  Or Hitch.  Or whoever is on the way out and can no longer defend themselves.

But yeah ..... do you blame players still that want away from the Edmonton "water"?


"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeutchOil said:

Perron?  Depends on who you ask.  He got upset when he was dumped onto the 3rd line, not for lack of production, but because of .... Eakins.  Then the Oilers, after dealing him away for bottle caps and pocket lint made a BIG deal of him wanting out.  It's NEVER the Oilers fault after all.  Couldn't be .... Blame Toby.  Or Hitch.  Or whoever is on the way out and can no longer defend themselves.

But yeah ..... do you blame players still that want away from the Edmonton "water"?

Perron was traded for Klinkhammer and a first round pick that turned into 16th overall, not exactly bottle caps and pocket lint. Blame Chiarelli for trading that pick to the Isles for absolutely nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Messrules11 said:

Perron was traded for Klinkhammer and a first round pick that turned into 16th overall, not exactly bottle caps and pocket lint. Blame Chiarelli for trading that pick to the Isles for absolutely nothing.

Klinkhammer?  Yeah ... .much storied carrier that one .... not.

Blame the Oilers for turning something of value to dross.  Chiarelli, MacTavish before him, Tambellini .... ALL Oiler GMs did the same with different decisions or the last 13 years would not have happened (FOUR first overall picks in SIX years, with a third and seventh sandwiched in between ... how do you screw that up?)


"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DeutchOil said:

Klinkhammer?  Yeah ... .much storied carrier that one .... not.

Blame the Oilers for turning something of value to dross.  Chiarelli, MacTavish before him, Tambellini .... ALL Oiler GMs did the same with different decisions or the last 13 years would not have happened (FOUR first overall picks in SIX years, with a third and seventh sandwiched in between ... how do you screw that up?)

I’m not debating any of that. IMO Hall and McD are legit 1OA the other two, not so much. Still, it could’ve been Perron for Barzal, PC screwed us from the beginning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to the Blues. It was looking like they were going to have a massive sell-off in January, and their turnaround was nothing short of remarkable. It was nice to see Maroon and Perron hoist the cup, I enjoyed watching both of them play in Oiler silks. Also nice to see Bouwmeester and Steen finally get rewarded with a cup after long careers without much playoff success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...