The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
arturo

and Dave Tippet is our New Head Coach.

2 hours ago, arturo said:

you can force a guy on long term. ask lupol. guy even said in an interview he was healthy enough to play. the leafs forced him not play. last time sekera was healthy was 3 years ago, and does not look like that guy he was when we went to playoffs at any point since. as for better option, a healthy guy like england who stays in a line up will be better than a guy who does not any day of the week, i do think sekera is better when healthy. but its been so long since hes played a healthy season.

as for a leader, the guys in vegas talk about his integrity and how good of a leader he is, i dont think ive ever heard anyone call sekera a leader at any point hes been here, nor has sekera ever wore a letter.

and no is saying to replace him, his contract make it too to do so and hes not providing his end of the deal. too much effort for little reward, he is just a problem among many, his contract sucks and ranked at #4 or $5 worst contract on the oilers. but sometimes you gotta buy someone out, but i would buyout kosk before sekera. hes just frustrating to watch for 5.5 million per.

Given his injuries the last two years, yes, his contract is bad. But - that being said, I don't want to tie up money for FOUR years to get rid of him. If we could make a hockey trade for him I'd be for that,but for now I'd say we keep him. But things are happening today (Subban/ Marleau) so I guess we'll see. As for Kos - we can't buy him out, at least not this year. Window closes June 30th and his contract clicks in July 1 so we're stuck with him for next year. I hope we can sign Mrazek - if so then I'm ok with our goaltending for next year. Mrazek is better than Talbot and can play 35 / 40 games and Kos I think is alright if his workload is lighter but we'll see. 

52 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

Given his injuries the last two years, yes, his contract is bad. But - that being said, I don't want to tie up money for FOUR years to get rid of him. If we could make a hockey trade for him I'd be for that,but for now I'd say we keep him. But things are happening today (Subban/ Marleau) so I guess we'll see. As for Kos - we can't buy him out, at least not this year. Window closes June 30th and his contract clicks in July 1 so we're stuck with him for next year. I hope we can sign Mrazek - if so then I'm ok with our goaltending for next year. Mrazek is better than Talbot and can play 35 / 40 games and Kos I think is alright if his workload is lighter but we'll see. 

Other GM's are showing us up pretty well, that marleau and subban dump are pretty good. the leafs are making better moves, and they were in a lot of trouble with cap space. they just dumped an old man who makes 6.5 million 1 year left who makes 30 points.

and polei's move was just masterful, getting rid of PK subban long term 9 million a year, for a 30 point d man and a guy whos not focused like he was before because of his TV show. for just 2 second round picks and 2 fillers, come on.

holland needs to get in on some of this. im realkly jelly of these teams moves

19 minutes ago, arturo said:

Other GM's are showing us up pretty well, that marleau and subban dump are pretty good. the leafs are making better moves, and they were in a lot of trouble with cap space. they just dumped an old man who makes 6.5 million 1 year left who makes 30 points.

and polei's move was just masterful, getting rid of PK subban long term 9 million a year, for a 30 point d man and a guy whos not focused like he was before because of his TV show. for just 2 second round picks and 2 fillers, come on.

holland needs to get in on some of this. im realkly jelly of these teams moves

Yeah I do wish Holland would do some dumping as well.

2 hours ago, OilyJetFan said:

This.

People/Posters/Fans need to calm down and get a grip.  This team is in a "Clean Up" mode.  Not a "Playoff Tool Up" mode.  It will be at least a season if not two before it will even be possible to build something here.  Until then, Sekera will be a legitimate NHL defender to keep us close to the playoff cut off.  Buying him out would just cause the "Clean Up" to take longer. .... Koskinen and Lucic and the previous buy outs of Pouliot and Gryba with Manning still on the books are far bigger problems with the Cap not going up as much as at first hoped.

Also.  Get used to Holland NOT doing much.  There isn't much he can do but wait for time to pass, as all the previous errors slowly disappear over the next two years.

Patience.  It's a process.  I know we are ALL tired of hearing it.  But knee jerk moves to please fans have never worked.

"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013

3 hours ago, SuperDave17 said:

GG to run the PP.

Playfair to run the PK.

Wiseman to be video coach it would appear?

Both Playfair and Wiseman connected to Tippet. GG kept around bc the players like him and from what I hear he connects well with them, also our PP wasn't too bad overall last year (9th) though it was brutal at times.

Special teams should be better this year. PK can't be worse.:)

Edited by HappyHappy

image.png