The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
Douggyweighter39

Oilers hire Tom Anselmi, promote Bob Nicholson to chairman

Chairman Kim Jong Bob. :th_rolf:

• Haha 1

In my previous incarnation here, I was Apples&Hay, with over 10,000 posts...I'm back, baby!

"We have to believe in Free Will, we have no choice!

Oh great. :th_facepalm2:

EDIT* I thought too quickly. It does sound like this is better news than I thought. I need to chill and not assume every part of Oilers news is bad news. lol! 

Edited by 94oildrops

Not sure why the OIlers think filling their suits with guys that have seen nothing but profound failure on the hockey clubs they have been involved in is the pathway to success?  Toronto up to the Matthews draft (ouch), Ottawa the last couple years (ouch, ouch).  No wonder this guy can't keep a job.

I hope it works out.

"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013

2 hours ago, DeutchOil said:

Not sure why the OIlers think filling their suits with guys that have seen nothing but profound failure on the hockey clubs they have been involved in is the pathway to success?  Toronto up to the Matthews draft (ouch), Ottawa the last couple years (ouch, ouch).  No wonder this guy can't keep a job.

I hope it works out.

I wouldn’t worry too much, this guy was brought in for the Ice District and other North American businesses for the Oilers. Better than having Bob Nicholson oversee such important things as the downtown core.

9 hours ago, Messrules11 said:

I wouldn’t worry too much, this guy was brought in for the Ice District and other North American businesses for the Oilers. Better than having Bob Nicholson oversee such important things as the downtown core.

I'm not worried so much as just wondering ... wasn't their a candidate available who had attendance and excitement increase while he was doing the job?  Maybe decreased attendance and interest is what the Oilers are going for.  I don't know.  If so, this guy has done it in two different Canadian hubs.  That is special talent.

"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013