The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
SuperDave17

Goalie Prospects

Since we're pinning our hopes, such as they are, on Kosk and Smith for at least year ...

Anybody in our pipeline worth getting excited about? Any with the potential to become a true #1?

1 hour ago, SuperDave17 said:

Since we're pinning our hopes, such as they are, on Kosk and Smith for at least year ...

Anybody in our pipeline worth getting excited about? Any with the potential to become a true #1?

My comment on goaltending...

...I have no idea.

I don't believe anyone that tells me that they do have an idea. I have years and years of stats to backup my 'no idea'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

fogmetal2_zpsb2d99c8a.png

I just wonder if KH is actually going to make a mid-season move with goaltending. Us fans want concrete moves now so that the season starts strong but he maybe setting us up for a goalie change once the season starts since what we have doesn't seem like it will be for to long.

14 minutes ago, Telly-Belly said:

I just wonder if KH is actually going to make a mid-season move with goaltending. Us fans want concrete moves now so that the season starts strong but he maybe setting us up for a goalie change once the season starts since what we have doesn't seem like it will be for to long.

I don't think so. We've got a few young guys in the system, so I think Kosk+1yr Vets will be the way until one of the young ones takes a spot

fogmetal2_zpsb2d99c8a.png

3 hours ago, Fogolin2 said:

I don't think so. We've got a few young guys in the system, so I think Kosk+1yr Vets will be the way until one of the young ones takes a spot

I guess that makes sense. Maybe it was PC's way to make mid-season moves with goalies.

What about the kid we drafted this year? Konavalov. 2017-18: 1.56gaa, .933 save percentage  (only 7 games though). 2018-19: 45 games, 1.89gaa, .930 save percentage. Those are pretty good stats for a Pro league.

Let's remember that Kosk had similar numbers in the KHL when we first signed him. Not saying you're wrong, just adding perspective here.

5 minutes ago, SuperDave17 said:

Let's remember that Kosk had similar numbers in the KHL when we first signed him. Not saying you're wrong, just adding perspective here.

Kosk was 30 when he posted those numbers, Konavalov is 20.

EDIT: Kosk was 29.

Edited by BL4NKF4CE

5 minutes ago, SuperDave17 said:

are they allowed to raised the puck in the KHL?

And he's smaller than Kosk. Don't get me wrong, I was pumped we got him in the third round too.

But I guess my reason for starting this thread is to try and get a read on which of these eggs might hatch into the #1 we need. But until then, they remain eggs to me.

1 minute ago, SuperDave17 said:

And he's smaller than Kosk. Don't get me wrong, I was pumped we got him in the third round too.

But I guess my reason for starting this thread is to try and get a read on which of these eggs might hatch into the #1 we need. But until then, they remain eggs to me.

His size is why he got passed on so many times, I'm guessing.