Jump to content
The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
SuperDave17

Goalie Prospects

Recommended Posts

Since we're pinning our hopes, such as they are, on Kosk and Smith for at least year ...

Anybody in our pipeline worth getting excited about? Any with the potential to become a true #1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperDave17 said:

Since we're pinning our hopes, such as they are, on Kosk and Smith for at least year ...

Anybody in our pipeline worth getting excited about? Any with the potential to become a true #1?

My comment on goaltending...

...I have no idea.

 

I don't believe anyone that tells me that they do have an idea. I have years and years of stats to backup my 'no idea'.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

fogmetal2_zpsb2d99c8a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wonder if KH is actually going to make a mid-season move with goaltending. Us fans want concrete moves now so that the season starts strong but he maybe setting us up for a goalie change once the season starts since what we have doesn't seem like it will be for to long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Telly-Belly said:

I just wonder if KH is actually going to make a mid-season move with goaltending. Us fans want concrete moves now so that the season starts strong but he maybe setting us up for a goalie change once the season starts since what we have doesn't seem like it will be for to long.

I don't think so. We've got a few young guys in the system, so I think Kosk+1yr Vets will be the way until one of the young ones takes a spot


fogmetal2_zpsb2d99c8a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fogolin2 said:

I don't think so. We've got a few young guys in the system, so I think Kosk+1yr Vets will be the way until one of the young ones takes a spot

I guess that makes sense. Maybe it was PC's way to make mid-season moves with goalies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about the kid we drafted this year? Konavalov. 2017-18: 1.56gaa, .933 save percentage  (only 7 games though). 2018-19: 45 games, 1.89gaa, .930 save percentage. Those are pretty good stats for a Pro league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's remember that Kosk had similar numbers in the KHL when we first signed him. Not saying you're wrong, just adding perspective here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SuperDave17 said:

Let's remember that Kosk had similar numbers in the KHL when we first signed him. Not saying you're wrong, just adding perspective here.

Kosk was 30 when he posted those numbers, Konavalov is 20.

EDIT: Kosk was 29.

Edited by BL4NKF4CE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SuperDave17 said:

Let's remember that Kosk had similar numbers in the KHL when we first signed him. Not saying you're wrong, just adding perspective here.

are they allowed to raised the puck in the KHL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And he's smaller than Kosk. Don't get me wrong, I was pumped we got him in the third round too.

But I guess my reason for starting this thread is to try and get a read on which of these eggs might hatch into the #1 we need. But until then, they remain eggs to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SuperDave17 said:

And he's smaller than Kosk. Don't get me wrong, I was pumped we got him in the third round too.

But I guess my reason for starting this thread is to try and get a read on which of these eggs might hatch into the #1 we need. But until then, they remain eggs to me.

His size is why he got passed on so many times, I'm guessing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...