The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Fogolin2

Don Cherry 's Contract Not Renewed

If true, I'm glad that's over. He's been irrelevant for 15 years, and I stopped listening about 20 years ago. 

Not sure what they'll fill that time with but it will be an improvement.

fogmetal2_zpsb2d99c8a.png

4 hours ago, Fogolin2 said:

If true, I'm glad that's over. He's been irrelevant for 15 years, and I stopped listening about 20 years ago. 

Not sure what they'll fill that time with but it will be an improvement.

Isn't that the point? 

Entertainment isn't always facts. Grapes was fun. 

Ol Grapes is done eh, I don't mind the ol bugger haha. Entertainment he was, outdated... indeed. But he hits more then he misses, good job DC, you were fun. 👍 Now Ron can breathe and throw a huge party if he hasn't already hahaha!

image.png

I'm going to miss him. DIdn't always agree with him, but he was fun to watch, and it was always interesting to see what kind of jacket he'd have on next. Plus he played some of he played some of his minor league hockey here in Tulsa with the Tulsa Oilers. 

2 hours ago, Yuke said:

Brian Burke will be the man. 

I don't think Burke will want to give up his daytime-weekdays thing. He's good at it and seems to enjoy it.

fogmetal2_zpsb2d99c8a.png

Don was irrevelant in a few ways.  He was always down with European players, skilled Europeans have improved the NHL.

Don does call out some of the fakes in the NHL, that dive and complain too much.  He also pointed out some of the character players that don't get all the attention.  I liked that.

The things Don was good at was to draw attention to the military and added some Canadian patriotism.  Even when some of the wars Canada was drawn into were false flag events.

Don Cherry is not finished in broadcasting, he will catch on with another network.

Are you sure? I heard he was being renewed for another season of Coach's Corner. Correct me if I'm wrong. :blink:

In my previous incarnation here, I was Apples&Hay, with over 10,000 posts...I'm back, baby!

"We have to believe in Free Will, we have no choice!

Hopefully he’s gone.  Hearing about players suits and how good they dress, the fact he can’t string a proper sentence together, or pronounce any players’ name correctly gets old pretty fast.  Time for Ron to take the reigns

Don has had a good run but let's face it he is nearing the end of his television career. I have always enjoyed watching Cherry even if I didn't always agree, but I have to admit he picks out some good points once in a while. Unfortunately you can see him deteriorating and it soon will be time to say good bye to Don on TV. 

Don's passion for the game and the players is always a joy to watch.  I would have preferred he go out on his own terms, but he doesn't seem to know when to say it is time  for him to stop.  So someone has to say it for him.  He'll still be asked for guest appearances, I'm sure.

Edited by DeutchOil

"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013

14 minutes ago, DeutchOil said:

Don's passion for the game and the players is always a joy to watch.  I would have preferred he go out on his own terms, but he doesn't seem to know when to say it is time  for him to stop.  So someone has to say it for him.  He'll still be asked for guest appearances, I'm sure.

CBC posted an article a few days ago saying he's gonna return.

7 minutes ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

CBC posted an article a few days ago saying he's gonna return.

I know.  They were pressured by someone to re-hire him.  They shouldn't have.  It is time for him to hang up his stiff collared shirts and retire.  It will take someone with a bit of a back bone to tell him and his overly loud supporters, that it is, in fact, time.

"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013

24 minutes ago, DeutchOil said:

I know.  They were pressured by someone to re-hire him.  They shouldn't have.  It is time for him to hang up his stiff collared shirts and retire.  It will take someone with a bit of a back bone to tell him and his overly loud supporters, that it is, in fact, time.

I agree 100%. He's had his time.