The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
TIKK10

Maroon Update?

16 hours ago, TIKK10 said:

Any word out there of a possible return of the Big Rig? Would love to see him back in Oiler Nation!

He wants to stay close to home (St. Louis), so I'm guessing wait til he gets a contract close to home. If he doesn't by the time training camps have already started, I think he'll look elsewhere.

I would love to see him back. It seems like McD enjoys having the big tough wingers (Kass, Maroon) although Lucic didn't really succeed. Neal should do the trick but Maroon would be a bonus.

I could be wrong but I thought he resigned with the Blues a couple of weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, mrtea said:

I could be wrong but I thought he resigned with the Blues a couple of weeks ago. 

CapFriendly has him listed as UFA. Wikipedia still says UFA. I can't find anything saying he's signed.

1 hour ago, mrtea said:

I think the story was that St.Louis and him have an agreement that they will sign him once they know their final Cap situation, and he is willing to wait and sign for whatever the amount is at that time.  It serves him to wait, as the minimum is already set, but the maximum might still be available.

I remember a story like that, but can't find it.

"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013