The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
HappyHappy

2019-2020 Keeper League is UP

Too early to start thinking about the 2019/20 pools?:th_hockey20player:

Did we decide to go with two or three keepers for this season? No matter to me.

Looking forward to another fun year! 4th year upcoming for my Hooters... 4th, 3rd, and 1st place finishes thus far.... now to defend my championship.😎👊

image.png

2 hours ago, HappyHappy said:

Too early to start thinking about the 2019/20 pools?:th_hockey20player:

Did we decide to go with two or three keepers for this season? No matter to me.

Looking forward to another fun year! 4th year upcoming for my Hooters... 4th, 3rd, and 1st place finishes thus far.... now to defend my championship.😎👊

Yeah man!! So fun!

I went and tried to get in to the league, but I can't figure it out. Did you get in to look at your team?

fogmetal2_zpsb2d99c8a.png

2 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

Yeah man!! So fun!

I went and tried to get in to the league, but I can't figure it out. Did you get in to look at your team?

I had to go into my hockey fantasy then click on profile, from there I clicked on "history" and it has a list of all my teams from all leagues from the past, where I ranked, and what year. Can click on any of them then click on team name again to see player list. Not the usual view we are used to but it works. Can also look at Overviews, Trophies, and Medals, as well as History. Pretty cool.

image.png

35 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

I had to go into my hockey fantasy then click on profile, from there I clicked on "history" and it has a list of all my teams from all leagues from the past, where I ranked, and what year. Can click on any of them then click on team name again to see player list. Not the usual view we are used to but it works. Can also look at Overviews, Trophies, and Medals, as well as History. Pretty cool.

Thanks Hap!! Some tough choices coming up again this season.

Is Debrincat going to regress? Is Hedman worth keeping? Johnny Hockey? Will Marner be signed by the time I have to lock in my keepers? Barkov seems like the real deal, but can I keep him over Malkin?

Whoa... my post turned into a thread. :blink:

4 hours ago, Fogolin2 said:

Thanks Hap!! Some tough choices coming up again this season.

Is Debrincat going to regress? Is Hedman worth keeping? Johnny Hockey? Will Marner be signed by the time I have to lock in my keepers? Barkov seems like the real deal, but can I keep him over Malkin?

Yup, after McDiddy I have some tough decisions to make too.

image.png

I'm good with whatever.... not like I will get a decent pick anyways lol

brocomud.JPG

Huge Thank-You to UnrefinedCrude for this awesome signature!

Keeping McDavid and Point. The third is a tough call between Big Buff (will he stay healthy?) or J. Carlson...:th_shrug: Probably keep JC, he's been a rock for me.

image.png

I'll be back for this one.  Likely sitck with my same keepers: Drai/Ovi/Hellebuyck 

fantyleaguecupbgnocchi_zpsd26307cf.png

Credits to UnrefinedCrude for the signature.  Big thanks!

Me too - when do we need to submit. I lost Scheifele last year because I was away last year and couldn't get my picks in that I wanted. 

9 hours ago, OilyJetFan said:

Me too - when do we need to submit. I lost Scheifele last year because I was away last year and couldn't get my picks in that I wanted. 

Yahoo still hasnt opened the leagues back up yet, we'll let everyone know when it's ready to be set up.

Scheifele is one of the guys on my list to consider keeping, but I'm not sure who I want to keep just yet, I may be willing to trade him to you for a high pick, or perhaps a player depending on who you are intending to keep.

Edited by Rekkin74

4 minutes ago, Rekkin74 said:

Yahoo still hasnt opened the leagues back up yet, we'll let everyone know when it's ready to be set up.

Scheifele is one of the guys on my list to consider keeping, but I'm not sure who I want to keep just yet, I may be willing to trade him to you for a high pick, or perhaps a player depending on who you are intending to keep.

I could be in on a Scheifele deal. 

3 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

Put together an offer and I'll consider it, nothing can be done until Yahoo opens up, but I'll honor any verbal agreements posted in this thread.

For future reference, the guys on my Keeper list are Benn Stamkos Karlsson Scheifele EKane Price and Weber. Final 3 not yet chosen.

Edited by Rekkin74

On 8/19/2019 at 12:50 PM, Rekkin74 said:

hmmm ok let me check over my roster, I"m keeping Burns and Marchand for sure, there may be another I'm keeping. I'm on vaca again but watching and yeah I'll let you know Rekkin thanks

On 8/19/2019 at 12:50 PM, Rekkin74 said:

On 8/19/2019 at 12:55 PM, Fogolin2 said:

Yep you guys go ahead - Eichel/Marchand/Burns will be my protected list

10 hours ago, OilyJetFan said:

Yep you guys go ahead - Eichel/Marchand/Burns will be my protected list

You should name your team 'Licked By Marchand'

9 hours ago, Fogolin2 said:

You should name your team 'Licked By Marchand'

LOL - yep I hear ya. But hey, he gets points and PIM's so I have to keep him :) 

We're up, guys! Let us know if you are in or out this year. Here is the current team list and the updated keeper list:

OPF (Commish): Tyler Seguin, Kris Letang, Tukka Rask

Rekkin74 (Co-commish)

Bronco73

HappyHappy

Fogolin2

Hillcat

Oilfury

Steve

OilyJetsfan: Eichel/Marchand/Burns

Alice

nocchi: Drai/Ovi/Hellebuyck 

SuperDave17

Edited by OilerPensfan97

oilpensfansig_zps7f1dc0d5.jpeg

Huge thank you to 94oildrops for the sig!

My keepers will be Matthews, Vasilevskiy and Pastrnak.

Btw, I was wondering if we could approach alice about stepping out if a newbie wants in. He was doing us a favour by coming in after that episode with Tran, and I have a feeling he wouldn't mind.

Hey OPF good to hear from ya, glad you're back for another season!

Subject to change (I see we have until the 22nd), I've set my keepers as McDavid, Point, Carlson.

:):)

image.png

11 hours ago, SuperDave17 said:

My keepers will be Matthews, Vasilevskiy and Pastrnak.

Btw, I was wondering if we could approach alice about stepping out if a newbie wants in. He was doing us a favour by coming in after that episode with Tran, and I have a feeling he wouldn't mind.

Keeping a goalie. Bold.

2 hours ago, Fogolin2 said:

Keeping a goalie. Bold.

Its Vasi though, thats a safe bet, as far as goalies are concerned imho

2nd thought on Hellebuyck as a keeper; weakish year, thinking of ROR or Lindholm now....

fantyleaguecupbgnocchi_zpsd26307cf.png

Credits to UnrefinedCrude for the signature.  Big thanks!

13 hours ago, HappyHappy said:

Hey OPF good to hear from ya, glad you're back for another season!

Subject to change (I see we have until the 22nd), I've set my keepers as McDavid, Point, Carlson.

:):)

Indeed, it's good to be back! Hopefully my team won't suck as bad this year, lol.

Keeper deadline date is set for a week before the draft, so if we change the draft date, then I'll change the deadline as well. Current draft date is September 29 at 6:15 (after the main league's draft). Does this work for everyone?

On another note, apparently I can only edit posts once now O_o

Draft date works fine for me.

For the time being my Keepers will be Benn Karlsson Stamkos, though this might change by the deadline date.

Edited by Rekkin74

I wasn't sure until today, but it turns out the 29th works for me too, hopefully it works for everyone else also.

GO HOOTERS Image result for owl gifs GO!!

image.png

We have a trade to announce!

tumblr_mp9fjaFhvJ1rs8jbdo3_250.gif

OilerPensfan97 trades 1st overall pick and Jacob Markstrom to SuperDave17 in exchange for David Pastrnak and a final round pick.

Edited by OilerPensfan97

1 hour ago, OilerPensfan97 said:

We have a trade to announce!

tumblr_mp9fjaFhvJ1rs8jbdo3_250.gif

OilerPensfan97 trades 1st overall pick and Jacob Markstrom to SuperDave17 in exchange for David Pastrnak and a final round pick.

just out of curiosity, how do you know you have first overall pick?  is there a list somewhere showing our draft order?

brocomud.JPG

Huge Thank-You to UnrefinedCrude for this awesome signature!