The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
bronco73

New 3'd Jersey.

Apparently the new third jersey is going to be a dark blue this year, has anybody gotten a glimpse of it yet?

brocomud.JPG

Huge Thank-You to UnrefinedCrude for this awesome signature!

Looks like a pajama or practice jersey to me. But hey, as long as people want to keep buying them, then why not? I wish I had a following where I could just drum any old thing make a boat load of cash off it like sports teams do. I wouldn't wear that thing if it was free, nvm spend money on it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

Looks like a pajama or practice jersey to me. But hey, as long as people want to keep buying them, then why not? I wish I had a following where I could just drum any old thing make a boat load of cash off it like sports teams do. I wouldn't wear that thing if it was free, nvm spend money on it. 

That was kind of my first impression. basic practice jersey

1 hour ago, Messrules11 said:

Damn that’s ugly.

Even if it was a practice jersey it would still be ugly.

Who picks these things??!! They've got to be able to do better than that!

5 hours ago, bronco73 said:

1b7449a008b7058d2a555ab4861e7495.png

I don't mind the blue (I actually quite like it)

I don't mind the orange (looks nice against the blue)

I don't mind the stripe/pattern (could be better)

I HATE the crest. .......... BARF .......... looks cheap (practice jersey, t-shirt design).

Edited by DeutchOil

"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013

1 hour ago, DeutchOil said:

I don't mind the blue (I actually quite like it)

I don't mind the orange (looks nice against the blue)

I don't mind the stripe/pattern (could be better)

I HATE the crest. .......... BARF .......... looks cheap (practice jersey, t-crap design).

a white background on the crest, and maybe a white strip centering the orange strips on the arms with another complimenting the ones on the bottom and wrists and that would be a nice jersey

brocomud.JPG

26 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

a white background on the crest, and maybe a white strip centering the orange strips on the arms with another complimenting the ones on the bottom and wrists and that would be a nice jersey

It would certainly be a better crest.

We'll see what it actually looks like when it is official.  Could be that they are just testing fan reaction right now to finalize a design.

"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013

1 hour ago, DeutchOil said:

It would certainly be a better crest.

We'll see what it actually looks like when it is official.  Could be that they are just testing fan reaction right now to finalize a design.

Exactly. Why not have 3 or 4 concept designs and have the fans vote on them from what they like to dislike.This jersey is complete garbage. I'm color deficient and this makes me nauseous.

• Like 1

WHAT YOU MAD BRAH?

1 hour ago, cactusface said:

Exactly. Why not have 3 or 4 concept designs and have the fans vote on them from what they like to dislike.This jersey is complete garbage. I'm color deficient and this makes me nauseous.

I like that idea! 

This idea was approved by Mr.Tea!

Well it looks like I am the only one who likes it...…………….almost anything is better than the blinding Orange.  

It is all about opinions, and mine is that there was nothing wrong with the old blue and orange jerseys in the first place.🙄  

To me, all the switch to Orange has done is made us look more like Calgary.   When camera is at ice level, it looks as though we are playing in a red (ish) top. 

55 minutes ago, Blackhawk216 said:

Well it looks like I am the only one who likes it...…………….almost anything is better than the blinding Orange.  

It is all about opinions, and mine is that there was nothing wrong with the old blue and orange jerseys in the first place.🙄  

To me, all the switch to Orange has done is made us look more like Calgary.   When camera is at ice level, it looks as though we are playing in a red (ish) top. 

I like these jerseys also. Clean lines, no stupid splash.  The gloves, pants and helmet colors could turn these uniforms into classy or gaudy. 

1 hour ago, Blackhawk216 said:

I think from almost every angle, our jerseys look like construction pylons. They're just as bright.

2 hours ago, Blackhawk216 said:

That I do agree with.  I'm no fan of the new orange, the previous deeper orange to me was far more appealing

brocomud.JPG

3 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

That I do agree with.  I'm no fan of the new orange, the previous deeper orange to me was far more appealing

I don't mind the bright orange. I understand why they chose it. They want to keep "Oilers Colours" without clinging onto the dynasty years. So they changed the orange and blue. The dark blue I really like.

Edited by BL4NKF4CE

1 hour ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

I don't mind the bright orange. I understand why they chose it. They want to keep "Oilers Colours" without clinging onto the dynasty years. So they changed the orange and blue. The dark blue I really like.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey/opinion/2012/02/trade-history-edmonton-oilers.html

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/authentic-edmonton-oilers-doug-weight-1731380731

These were the best Oiler Jersey's ever. Why can't we all just admit it and go back to them. This new thing makes me want to hurl. 

41 minutes ago, WHA fan said:

https://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey/opinion/2012/02/trade-history-edmonton-oilers.html

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/authentic-edmonton-oilers-doug-weight-1731380731

These were the best Oiler Jersey's ever. Why can't we all just admit it and go back to them. This new thing makes me want to hurl. 

Yeah I did love those. I wouldn't mind bringing those back for Home/Away, then having our current Home jersey for our third jersey.

1 hour ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

Yeah I did love those. I wouldn't mind bringing those back for Home/Away, then having our current Home jersey for our third jersey.

Agreed. That blue was great, and the away ones were very cool looking. I loved the Oil in the '80s but not crazy about the colors. 

13 hours ago, WHA fan said:

Agreed.  Those were the best.  I always thought it should be copper and blue... not orange!  I didn't mind the '01 alternate.

The proposed 3rd jersey looks like a cheap knock-off that some dude should be selling out of the trunk of his car across the street from your Mexican resort destination.

For me, what separates the GOOD jerseys apart from this one (and these atrocious emergency cone jerseys we have now) is a third colour that offset the combination of copper and blue in a complimentary way.  The Doug Weight jerseys even had two colours (red and white) that did the job (four colours overall).

A gun smoke grey as a backdrop in the crest and added as a fine accentuation line in the stripes would do it, and the three colours together would stay true to the "Oiler" motif.

That might be just me .... the blue and orange of this new jersey work for me ..... it just looks cheep and easy t-shirt company the way it is.  It looks like a Night Market, developing World sweat shop knock off already.

Edited by DeutchOil

I’m sure I’ve said this before but since oil is referred to as black gold it seems like a no brainer for a third jersey. Not Pittsburgh or Boston yellow but a real deep gold. And bring back our late ‘80’s jerseys for home and away.

1 hour ago, Messrules11 said:

I’m sure I’ve said this before but since oil is referred to as black gold it seems like a no brainer for a third jersey. Not Pittsburgh or Boston yellow but a real deep gold. And bring back our late ‘80’s jerseys for home and away.

markus-granlund-oilers-black-nhl-golden-

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

markus-granlund-oilers-black-nhl-golden-

I LOVE this jersey.  Well done Bl4nkf4ce!

brocomud.JPG

1 minute ago, bronco73 said:

I LOVE this jersey.  Well done Bl4nkf4ce!

Maybe add a couple gold stripes or so to the bottom to keep a little of that "classic" Oilers look.

2 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

This look pretty sharp!

I dunno if these are real "special edition" jerseys or not, but China makes knockoffs of them for the whole league.