The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
bronco73

New 3'd Jersey.

4 minutes ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

I dunno if these are real "special edition" jerseys or not, but China makes knockoffs of them for the whole league.

I've always liked black on jerseys and the gold looks nice against it... and it's not blinding to the eye lol! I'd take this as our 3rd jersey all day long. Simple yet sharp looking.

Edited by HappyHappy

image.png

Here's a better look at the leaked 3'd jersey.  I still like Bl4nkf4ce's way better lol

c0c0f549a50d975fcac87610ecb5af27.jpg

brocomud.JPG

Huge Thank-You to UnrefinedCrude for this awesome signature!

1 minute ago, bronco73 said:

Here's a better look at the leaked 3'd jersey.  I still like Bl4nkf4ce's way better lol

c0c0f549a50d975fcac87610ecb5af27.jpg

I appreciate the different approach they're going for. Maybe they can keep this same design, but switch out the orange for gold or copper.

8 minutes ago, Messrules11 said:

That’s awesome man! Exactly the look I was hoping for, Holland ought to hire you.

I just googled these, I didn't make them lol :P.

5 minutes ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

I just googled these, I didn't make them lol :P.

Nevertheless, it looks WAY better than those new blue ones. 

Just now, Messrules11 said:

Nevertheless, it looks WAY better than those new blue ones. 

I don't mind the Blue ones. It's the orange that makes them look so bad. Swap the orange out, change it to the gold in the ones I posted OR classic 90s Oilers copper.

1 minute ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

I don't mind the Blue ones. It's the orange that makes them look so bad. Swap the orange out, change it to the gold in the ones I posted OR classic 90s Oilers copper.

I’ll take the black/gold all day every day. 

All the "decision makers" should be rounded up to watch "Boys on the Bus."  Maybe all this orange and new fugly 3rd jersey might just go away?  I can't believe this team is trying to get rid of that classic jersey from the glory days.  Unbelievable.

Oilers having a hard time paying McD and Drai a quarter mil a game?

1 minute ago, oilersfaninca said:

All the "decision makers" should be rounded up to watch "Boys on the Bus."  Maybe all this orange and new fugly 3rd jersey might just go away?  I can't believe this team is trying to get rid of that classic jersey from the glory days.  Unbelievable.

Oilers having a hard time paying McD and Drai a quarter mil a game?

I don't mind them moving away from the 80s style jerseys.

Just now, oilersfaninca said:

Yep, looking like a collegiate football team is alot better..

I never said that, I just don't mind them moving away from that style and colour. The fans already get bashed for "living in the past." Let's make our own new identity instead of clinging onto the glory days like a jock who peaked in high school.

21 minutes ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

This works for me.  The gold makes a 3rd colour unnecessary.  And the simplification makes the gold look less ....... shiny. 

"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013

12 minutes ago, DeutchOil said:

This works for me.  The gold makes a 3rd colour unnecessary.  And the simplification makes the gold look less ....... shiny. 

Agreed.

17 minutes ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

I never said that, I just don't mind them moving away from that style and colour. The fans already get bashed for "living in the past." Let's make our own new identity instead of clinging onto the glory days like a jock who peaked in high school.

Tell that to the original 6 teams that rock the same iconic jerseys....and the current crop of players would do well to watch "Boys on the Bus" as well.   They can't even make the playoffs let alone win multiple Cups and be considered arguably the best hockey team ever.

2 minutes ago, oilersfaninca said:

Tell that to the original 6 teams that rock the same iconic jerseys....and the current crop of players would do well to watch "Boys on the Bus" as well.   They can't even make the playoffs let alone win multiple Cups and be considered arguably the best hockey team ever.

So.. because they do it, we have to as well?

7 minutes ago, oilersfaninca said:

Yeah, imagine a streamlined new age Habs jersey, it would be a laughing stock. Something to be said for sticking to your guns.

1 minute ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

So.. because they do it, we have to as well?

Nope, the Oilers have it all figured out.  Obviously.

PS, one of my  MAIN beefs with the orange jerseys in conjunction with blue lettering is it's difficult to read the last names, which makes watching the games more difficult and to a certain extent less enjoyable.  Have the the people who put these jerseys together ever watch the Flyers play in their orange jerseys and noticed the white backdrop for the last names?  Certainly doesn't look that great but at least you can read the names making the game, you know, a better viewing experience.

Terrible pic and yes it looks like you've had a few too many brewskies.  Sorry.  But you get the idea.

Capture.GIF.adba4d9084d3265a40faeefe5cbe2d48.GIF

23 minutes ago, oilersfaninca said:

Chicago has changed jersey from the "Original Six" era.

latest?cb=20101118011301

Edited by BL4NKF4CE

25 minutes ago, oilersfaninca said:

Bruins have changed as well

latest?cb=20101111113652

22 hours ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

I think from almost every angle, our jerseys look like construction pylons. They're just as bright.

Because this suited our play the last 13 years, I approved of the jersey big time.

If this newest third jersey promotes this team practicing, I am ALL for it!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

Chicago has changed jersey from the "Original Six" era.

latest?cb=20101118011301

yep I knew someone was going to pull out all the exceptions to the rule....Nothing like pulling something from the 40s to make your point....

2 minutes ago, oilersfaninca said:

yep I knew someone was going to pull out all the exceptions to the rule....Nothing like pulling something from the 40s to make your point....

You said original six. So I pulled from the original six era. 1942-1967. My point is EVERY organization goes though a change. Why can't we?

2 minutes ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

You said original six. So I pulled from the original six era. 1942-1967. My point is EVERY organization goes though a change. Why can't we?

I'd go pull the logos and post them, but the cool thing is all I have to say is Blackhawks, Rangers, Habs, Bruins and you already know the iconic logos.  Nevermind whatever you pulled up from the 40s.   I think it's cool that the nearly identical jerseys link the past and present.  That's just me.   Maybe I am just more nostalgic than most.

Just now, oilersfaninca said:

I'd go pull the logos and post them, but the cool thing is all I have to say is Blackhawks, Rangers, Habs, Bruins and you already know the iconic logos.  Nevermind whatever you pulled up from the 40s.   I think it's cool that the nearly identical jerseys link the past and present.  That's just me.   Maybe I am just more nostalgic than most.

I never said to change the Oilers logo. Not once did I say that. I just don't mind changing the jersey style.

2 minutes ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

I never said to change the Oilers logo. Not once did I say that. I just don't mind changing the jersey style.

I am currently watching another team that hasn't changed jerseys in about 50+ years, probably longer (not going to say forever for the literal people).  SF Giants.

I get your point.  If the color change wasn't so awful, it wouldn't be nearly as bad.

On 8/12/2019 at 9:21 PM, BL4NKF4CE said:

I think from almost every angle, our jerseys look like construction pylons. They're just as bright.

:th_rolf:🍻

18 hours ago, Bro-lo_el_cunado said:

Because this suited our play the last 13 years, I approved of the jersey big time.

If this newest third jersey promotes this team practicing, I am ALL for it!

🏌️‍♂️  they have lots of practice golfing

On 8/13/2019 at 5:40 PM, BL4NKF4CE said:

I appreciate the different approach they're going for. Maybe they can keep this same design, but switch out the orange for gold or copper.

I don't hate it... but I don't like it.

Somehow the orange makes the navy look almost purple and I say that as a paint salesman so I ain't colorblind! It just looks wrong to me somehow. They should have exchanged the orange for copper or gold. I also really don't like the stripes though the numerals help it look more complete. That booty stripe needs to be more thicc. ;) Maybe these strange things will grow on me with time. McDavid will look fast in one of those and it is a very "modern" design.  

On 8/13/2019 at 4:46 PM, Messrules11 said:

That’s awesome man! Exactly the look I was hoping for, Holland ought to hire you.

That is beautiful.