The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
daffy_duck

Future of the Flames

2 hours ago, CalgaryFlamesAltFan said:

What did he do that was cheap last night?  Admittedly he did want to fight Drai, but for what a slew foot?

Jumped in and double teamed an already down on the ice Mcdavid after a whistle which SHOULD have at the very least been a "third man in" penalty.  By the rulebook that is EXACTLY what happened: 

46.16 Third Man In - A game misconduct penalty, at the discretion of the Referee, shall be imposed on any player who is the first to intervene (third man in) in an altercation already in progress except when a match penalty is being imposed in the original altercation. This penalty is in addition to any other penalties incurred in the same incident.

This rule also applies to subsequent players who elect to intervene in the same or other altercations during the same stoppage of play. Generally, this rule is applied when a fight occurs.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/28064/inside-the-rule-book-rule-46-fighting

After the whistle McDavid was already in an altercation where a linesman would have been unable to seperate them, he was down on the ice underneath a flame player.  Cowardly Tkachuk jumped in and joined the other flame player on top of McDavid.  Read the rules posted... It SHOULD have been called, but was not.  One of many Flames infractions last night that were not called. 

1 hour ago, CalgaryFlamesAltFan said:

They won the game, the game was lopsided in penalties because of undisciplined play (not cowardly I guess), and the speed of the Flames was prevalent in the 3rd period.  Guys like Lucic and Kassian couldn't keep up when trying to tie it up.  Cowardly or not, it was smart hockey, playoff hockey.

that's the problem.  There was undisciplined play from both teams but only one team got called for it, mercilessly and continuously.  You of course won't agree and I wouldn't expect you to since you are the opponents fan.. but it was BOTH teams doing it, and ONE team was called not only for the undisciplined play, but for things that were incredibly minor that your team was not called for.  It was ridiculously one sided officiating last night.

I have no problem at all with teams being called... or not called.  What I DO have a problem with is when officials single out one team and make the calls, but give the other team free reign and don't call them for anything, and that is exactly what happened last night.

Edited by bronco73

4 hours ago, CalgaryFlamesAltFan said:

Well we'll differ on that one.  LOL  Drai better keep his head up and his feet in.

Pfft. Calgary doesn't have anyone that can do anything to him anyways.

Thing is he didn't do much anyway, might have messed McD's hair up a bit.  LOL  It's not like he was in there gouging his eyes out.  You guys are just losing your cool like the Oil did yesterday.  I've seen many times people join a scrum defending teammates.  You guys can't have it both ways.  That guys won't defend Gaudreau, yet when Tkachuck comes to help out Backlund, who isn't known for fighting either, is mixing it up with McD.  Drai did come in to give emotional support to McD, but to no avail.  LOL  Bottom line, Tkachuck did exactly what he's supposed to do.  He got the other team off balance, and in the end won the game.  Don't feel so bad about the 3rd period you guys, the Flames have done that to many teams this year.

Thing is he didn't do much anyway, might have messed McD's hair up a bit.  LOL  It's not like he was in there gouging his eyes out.

No he didn't do much at all... not the point.  He broke the rules and did not get punished for them.  A little while later Larsson pushes somebody to the ice and he got back up instantly so he didn't really do much anyway, just ruffled his shirt a bit LOL... but Larsson got 2 minutes for a phantom hold. 

You guys are just losing your cool like the Oil did yesterday.  I've seen many times people join a scrum defending teammates.  You guys can't have it both ways.  That guys won't defend Gaudreau, yet when Tkachuck comes to help out Backlund, who isn't known for fighting either, is mixing it up with McD.  Drai did come in to give emotional support to McD, but to no avail.  LOL 

First of all, I don't believe I'm losing my cool.  There is a difference between a temper tantrum and being (rightfully) upset with what appears to be blatant favoritism by the on ice officials.  That what Tkachuk did didn't result in any harm is not the point.  I agree with you, defend your team mates.  Fight for each other with everything you've got.... but when you are done if you've broken the rules you should both expect a penalty and be given one... and that only happened for one team last night while the other one had immunity.  In this instance we are discussing, Tkachuk was the third man in after a whistle in an ongoing physical altercation.  In every way shape and form of the NHL rulebook that had to be punished with at the very least a minor and possibly up to a game misconduct, yet he got nothing.  Meanwhile we watched the on ice officials parade yet another oiler to the penalty box.  We aren't complaining to have it both ways, we are complaining that it wasn't officiated equally.  big difference.

Bottom line, Tkachuck did exactly what he's supposed to do.  He got the other team off balance, and in the end won the game.  Don't feel so bad about the 3rd period you guys, the Flames have done that to many teams this year.

And that will catch up to them.  Your Flames will not continue to pull rabbits out of hats, they WILL fall back down to Earth.  With respect to Tkachuk, yes he did do his "job".  His job is in fact to do stuff like that, which many across this league do in fact consider to be cowardly.  Thats fine, he can do it if he likes and he may one day pay the piper so to speak.  What we are more angry with is that he does these things often which are against the NHL's rules and regulations, yet he rarely gets penalized for it when it is an infraction.

Edited by bronco73
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bronco73 said:

Great write up Bronc, I agree with everything you brought up.  Of course, my eyes see something different than the Oil faithful.  I would seriously have been upset if Tkachuck had decided to fight whether it be Kassian or Lucic.  I would sooner the Flames call up Robinson or Peluso to take care of stuff like that.  To call Tkachuck yellow is ridiculous, he fought plenty of times before this season, he was called into the office and told to do thing differently and to "walk the line".  I think he's done exactly that.  The slew foot by Drai would have triggered me, I guess Tkachuck was just to sit back and take it like a man huh?  Again, ridiculous.  The Oilers were the aggressors unless you call Bennett's check on Nurse illegal, I don't think it was.  Many Flames are coming into their prime, if they fall back to earth as you say then Tre will be cut loose.  So far so good.  If the Flames can play the 1st and 2nd period like the 3rd, and Smith gets back on track then your prediction will fail.

3 hours ago, CalgaryFlamesAltFan said:

Great write up Bronc, I agree with everything you brought up.  Of course, my eyes see something different than the Oil faithful.  I would seriously have been upset if Tkachuck had decided to fight whether it be Kassian or Lucic.  I would sooner the Flames call up Robinson or Peluso to take care of stuff like that.  To call Tkachuck yellow is ridiculous, he fought plenty of times before this season, he was called into the office and told to do thing differently and to "walk the line".  I think he's done exactly that.  The slew foot by Drai would have triggered me, I guess Tkachuck was just to sit back and take it like a man huh?  Again, ridiculous.  The Oilers were the aggressors unless you call Bennett's check on Nurse illegal, I don't think it was.  Many Flames are coming into their prime, if they fall back to earth as you say then Tre will be cut loose.  So far so good.  If the Flames can play the 1st and 2nd period like the 3rd, and Smith gets back on track then your prediction will fail.

This whole post is a fail. 

4 hours ago, Sharptooth1 said:

4 hours ago, Sharptooth1 said:

I won't reply to this post,  I got a life ban for defending my points methodically on CalgaryPuck.  They couldn't defend their point except to insult.  When a person resorts to insults they've already lost the debate.

• Like 1

I won't reply to this post,  I got a life ban for defending my points methodically on CalgaryPuck.  They couldn't defend their point except to insult.  When a person resorts to insults they've already lost the debate.

We don't do that here.  Here you are welcome to post your points of view as long as they abide the rules and regulations of the forum...

even when they are as wrong as your Tkachuk comments ;)     

• Thanks 1

We don't do that here.  Here you are welcome to post your points of view as long as they abide the rules and regulations of the forum...

ūüĎć

Gettem Broncs! I’m pulling a Tkachuk, beaking off and then hiding behind you. 

16 hours ago, CalgaryFlamesAltFan said:

So the Flames brass told Tkurtle to be a coward. not surprising.

This is an attempted slew foot.

Go look at Leons hit. He basically hits TKurtle back over his thigh

https://flamesnation.ca/2018/11/17/should-leon-draisaitl-face-discipline-for-hit-on-matthew-tkachuk/

2 minutes ago, Yuke said:

https://flamesnation.ca/2018/11/17/should-leon-draisaitl-face-discipline-for-hit-on-matthew-tkachuk/

That's wrong in the game, it was obviously a message for the slew on Tkachuck earlier.  I don't endorse this.  It's a fast game, anyone can hurt anyone.

28 minutes ago, CalgaryFlamesAltFan said:

That's wrong in the game, it was obviously a message for the slew on Tkachuck earlier.  I don't endorse this.  It's a fast game, anyone can hurt anyone.

That is from February,  2017

1 hour ago, Yuke said:

Watching the Draisaitl penalty over and over that you provided there’s obvious embellishment by Tkurtle, watch his stick go flying and his legs fly up it’s quite an act. He then bangs his head on the ice because of his own embellishment

Edited by Messrules11

Wow, 7-0 five minutes into the 2nd.  Flames definitely the winners of this little 3 team mini-tourney.

I did respect Rittich's energy after saving those breakaways against us.  It seemed to really get his teammates to wake up.  We need a bit of that.

• Like 1

Just now, nocchi said:

Wow, 7-0 five minutes into the 2nd.  Flames definitely the winners of this little 3 team mini-tourney.

I did respect Rittich's energy after saving those breakaways against us.  It seemed to really get his teammates to wake up.  We need a bit of that.

Just now, nocchi said:

Tkachuk has about 4 points and in the intermission, some guy I don't know was saying that Tkachuck was slow and had no skill   LOL  What a bonehead.  I admit he doesn't have foot speed, but not skilled?  Give me a break.   Kelly Hrudey who knows a thing or 2 about hockey called him a superstar a few weeks back.  I couldn't agree more.  Watch his highlights on Youtube, a Matt Cooke type player couldn't hold a match to these kind of moves.  I try to think of a player he reminds me of and there really isn't one other than his Dad.  When Tkachuk fills out and becomes dominant protecting the puck he will be hard to stop down low.

1 hour ago, Messrules11 said:

Watching the Draisaitl penalty over and over that you provided there’s obvious embellishment by Tkurtle, watch his stick go flying and his legs fly up it’s quite an act. He then bangs his head on the ice because of his own embellishment

I respectfully disagree.  Drai is a dirty player and won't fight his own battles, not a turtle but a scared rabbit.  LOL

1 minute ago, CalgaryFlamesAltFan said:

I respectfully disagree.  Drai is a dirty player and won't fight his own battles, not a turtle but a scared rabbit.  LOL

Draisaitl is dirty? Because of one hit that your actor embellished? Ha, whatever man, keep defending your dirtbag. He’s getting a beating when he comes here

31 minutes ago, Messrules11 said:

Draisaitl is dirty? Because of one hit that your actor embellished? Ha, whatever man, keep defending your dirtbag. He’s getting a beating when he comes here

Why bother. Only articles that say it was a dirty hit by Leon is from Calgary. The city that promotes turtling (as stated by this Calgary dude himself).

Calgary scores 5 goals in the first period of a home game for the first time since March 11, 1993 vs Detroit.

Johnny Gaudreau gets his first career 4-point game, with 1 goal, 3 assists in tonight’s 7-2 win over Las Vegas.

47 minutes ago, CalgaryFlamesAltFan said:

I respectfully agree .  Tkachuk is a dirty player and won't fight his own battles, not a turtle but a scared rabbit.  LOL

You finally got it right 

Just now, Yuke said:

Didn't work

Sorry man, it‚Äôs a Sportsnet article if you google ‚ÄėTkachuk turtles‚Äô¬†you should find it.¬†