Jump to content
The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
daffy_duck

Future of the Flames

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

Definitely ups the possibilities of it getting rowdy for sure. That said I don't foresee a runaway score, Flames usually put up a good battle in Edm and the Oil aren't gonna be embarrassed on home ice, not on this night, so I'm expecting a close battle. Should be exciting!

Completely agree.  I think with the new mindset of defense first in Edmonton, along with the fact Edmonton feels they need to get revenge for last game, and missing 2 major players on the Flames roster, being on home ice, Edmonton will and should win this game.  Otherwise there might be burning tires on Whitemud Drive.  LOL

Edited by CalgaryFlamesAltFan
Tires

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HappyHappy said:

Definitely ups the possibilities of it getting rowdy for sure. That said I don't foresee a runaway score, Flames usually put up a good battle in Edm and the Oil aren't gonna be embarrassed on home ice, not on this night, so I'm expecting a close battle. Should be exciting!

It definitely will be exciting!

 

If the Oilers lose(which they won’t) you and 420 better get ready cause the angry posts will be filling this thread.

Come 7am the trash talking will begin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sharptooth1 said:

It definitely will be exciting!

 

If the Oilers lose(which they won’t) you and 420 better get ready cause the angry posts will be filling this thread.

Come 7am the trash talking will begin. 

I'm prepared.  I try and ignore the blatant insults with no substance.  I actually like constructive criticism, even when discussing my favorite NHL team.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CalgaryFlamesAltFan said:

I'm prepared.  I try and ignore the blatant insults with no substance.  I actually like constructive criticism, even when discussing my favorite NHL team.  :)

You must be discussing about the Oilers then. 

Edited by Sharptooth1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sharptooth1 said:

You must be discussing about the Oilers then. 

Oilers are a pretty good team.  I as a Flames fan am happy to see Maroon shipped off.  That guy was a hard player to play again'st in Edmonton.  Physical guy with net front presence and had lots of character.  Not doing well in St. Louis though.  Maybe because of reduced minutes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With both Mark Giordano and Ryan Lomberg serving two game suspensions and Mikael Backlund out with an UBI for a couple of games, center Alan Quine and defense-man Rinat Valiev have been recalled from Stockton.

Quine is expected to play tonight against Nashville, centering the 4th line between Austin Czarnik and Garnet Hathaway. He has scored 6g + 12a = 18p in 13 games for the Heat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kylington looking almost Brodie like in his skating.  His shot is harder than I thought it was.  Future looks good on defense.  I'm getting a bit worried with the maturation of our prospects.  I don't want to see the Flames in cap trouble, which they will be once they sign Tkachuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mikael Backlund has officially been placed on IR, which means that he will be unable to play for at least 7 days.

So, from the season opening lineup:

2/3 of the 2nd line and the 3rd defense pairing are all on IR.

The #1 D and a 4th line plug are on suspension.

The next 3 - 4 games should be quite challenging.

Rant:

I blame Backlund's injury on the officials as much as Dumba. He was tripped as he was about to score an EN goal which would have made it 3 - 0. If the penalty had been called, there would have been no need for the hit with 0:17 left. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depth scoring was the literal difference in Calgary’s 5-2 win over Nashville.

Rookie 3rd pairing defense-man Oliver Kylington scored his first NHL points with both a goal and an assist.

While centering the 4th line, 24-hour AHL callup Alan Quine scored his first goal as a Calgary Flame.

4th line winger Garnet Hathaway scored the GWG after being moved up to the 2nd line in the 3rd period.

Edited by 420since1974

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That we do.

I really thought that we were giving up the best player in Dougie Hamilton.

But so far, Noah Hanifin is playing better than DH ever did (especially defensively), and Lindholm is way ahead of Ferland on the first line.

At the 2013 draft, Calgary's scouts were hoping for one of Monahan or Lindholm, now we have them both long term on decent contracts.

Edited by 420since1974

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a big part of why I was banned off the CalgaryPuck Forum, I didn't like Hamilton and the way he played and I criticized him while he was still playing for the Flames..  He's obviously offensively gifted, but that's the only tool he has in his toolbox.  I thought Gio on his line really rounded that pairing out, but the attitude off the ice and on when times were tough bugged me.  He's quite a passive type player.  Anyway, wish him luck in Carolina.  I gave it a fist pump when I first learned of the trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CalgaryFlamesAltFan said:

That's a big part of why I was banned off the CalgaryPuck Forum, I didn't like Hamilton and the way he played and I criticized him while he was still playing for the Flames..  He's obviously offensively gifted, but that's the only tool he has in his toolbox.  I thought Gio on his line really rounded that pairing out, but the attitude off the ice and on when times were tough bugged me.  He's quite a passive type player.  Anyway, wish him luck in Carolina.  I gave it a fist pump when I first learned of the trade.

you talk raspberries on Hamilton on THIS forum and you will get a lifetime ban too... in fact just for hinting it you are gone.  buh bye.

 

 

haha jk ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:53 PM, 420since1974 said:

d57b9adca02379bf7c5958fcb81ea2c5.png

I missed this post a few days back. I really like this tracking chart, where do you find it 420?:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2018 at 3:10 AM, 420since1974 said:

That we do.

I really thought that we were giving up the best player in Dougie Hamilton.

Ha! So you are a Flames fan not an Alberta fan! I knew it all those years! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greyone said:

Ha! So you are a Flames fan not an Alberta fan! I knew it all those years! 

how much you wanna bet he doesn't post Edmonton's stats and goings on at the Flames forum like he does here with the Flames information... he's a LIAR!!!!!  Or maybe they aren't as tolerant of other fans teams and viewpoints down there as we are up here ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HappyHappy said:

I missed this post a few days back. I really like this tracking chart, where do you find it 420?:)

Happy,

I "borrow" these from Pyromancer on the official Flames MB.

He usually posts them at 30 games, 41 games, 55 games, then weekly until the end of season.

1 hour ago, Greyone said:

Ha! So you are a Flames fan not an Alberta fan! I knew it all those years! 

I am a Flames fan that also follows the Oilers.

Heck, I criticize the Oilers much less than all of you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, 420since1974 said:

Happy,

I "borrow" these from Pyromancer on the official Flames MB.

He usually posts them at 30 games, 41 games, 55 games, then weekly until the end of season.

I am a Flames fan that also follows the Oilers.

Heck, I criticize the Oilers much less than all of you do.

Lol you are 100% correct. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

how much you wanna bet he doesn't post Edmonton's stats and goings on at the Flames forum like he does here with the Flames information... he's a LIAR!!!!!  Or maybe they aren't as tolerant of other fans teams and viewpoints down there as we are up here ;)

bronco73,

You are correct, I do not post Edmonton stats, etc. on any of the 3 Flames MBs, as none of them offer a thread in which to do so.

 

The official Calgary Flames MB has no more irrational hate of the Oilers than this site does of the Flames.

Actually, you and your posts are generally very well thought of there and I firmly believe that they have respect for you.

 

Calgary Puck has separate threads designed specifically to hack on the Oilers and Canucks.

I usually read, but very seldom post on them.

 

The Calgary HF MB usually only attacks Oiler's fans when they troll on the Flame's GDTs.

The real battle of words on that website usually occurs on the Main Board-General Discussion-NHL GDTs.

On that thread, no one comes close to be as irritating as Toronto fans.

 

This Edmonton Oiler's MB does offer a thread for me to post Flame's material, so I do take advantage of and greatly appreciate the opportunity.

If this thread was ever to be closed/locked down, I would never post another factoid about the Flames on this MB.

So, If my contributions are not appreciated here, it would be quite simple to silence me; as IMO fighting, insulting, and arguing on the internet are all a total waste of my time.

If this thread was ever closed, I would post much less on this MB and probably mainly just lurk to read comments and opinions.

 

All that aside, I challenge any of you to find anything that I have ever posted on any hockey MB that is a deliberate lie.

Edited by 420since1974

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 420since1974 said:

bronco73,

You are correct, I do not post Edmonton stats, etc. on any of the 3 Flames MBs, as none of them offer a thread in which to do so.

 

The official Calgary Flames MB has no more irrational hate of the Oilers than this site does of the Flames.

Actually, you and your posts are generally very well thought of there and I firmly believe that they have respect for you.

 

Calgary Puck has separate threads designed specifically to hack on the Oilers and Canucks.

I usually read, but very seldom post on them.

 

The Calgary HF MB usually only attacks Oiler's fans when they troll on the Flame's GDTs.

The real battle of words on that website usually occurs on the Main Board-General Discussion-NHL GDTs.

On that thread, no one comes close to be as irritating as Toronto fans.

 

This Edmonton Oiler's MB does offer a thread for me to post Flame's material, so I do take advantage of and greatly appreciate the opportunity.

If this thread was ever to be closed/locked down, I would never post another factoid about the Flames on this MB.

So, If my contributions are not appreciated here, it would be quite simple to silence me; as IMO fighting, insulting, and arguing on the internet are all a total waste of my time.

If this thread was ever closed, I would post much less on this MB and probably mainly just lurk to read comments and opinions.

 

All that aside, I challenge any of you to find anything that I have ever posted on any hockey MB that is a deliberate lie.

Good stuff 420, you’re alright for a Flames guy 🤔

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty much the same as 420, except more bias to the Flames team admittedly.  However, I have watched more Edmonton Oiler games now that I am contributing to this website.  I appreciate the criticism of my team here, I do need to weed through what is constructive criticism and what is an emotional criticism.  We all enjoy hockey, a beautiful dangle move, an unexpected no look pass, unexpected velocity of a puck off a stick, and a great save.  It is interesting to hear a perspective of someone without their rose colored glasses on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 420since1974 said:

bronco73,

You are correct, I do not post Edmonton stats, etc. on any of the 3 Flames MBs, as none of them offer a thread in which to do so.

http://fans.flames.nhl.com/community/topic/22652-oilers/

 

The official Calgary Flames MB has no more irrational hate of the Oilers than this site does of the Flames.

http://fans.flames.nhl.com/community/topic/22652-oilers/

Actually, you and your posts are generally very well thought of there and I firmly believe that they have respect for you.

awe shucks thanks lol... they are pretty good to me down there I must admit.  Be respectful and non-antagonistic and most people will be accepting no matter who they cheer for.

 

Calgary Puck has separate threads designed specifically to hack on the Oilers and Canucks.

I usually read, but very seldom post on them..

Yup I've seen them.  Meh, it's a rivalry, it's to be expected.

 

The Calgary HF MB usually only attacks Oiler's fans when they troll on the Flame's GDTs.

The real battle of words on that website usually occurs on the Main Board-General Discussion-NHL GDTs.

On that thread, no one comes close to be as irritating as Toronto fans.

The absolute worst fans in the league, followed closely by Vancouvers.

 

This Edmonton Oiler's MB does offer a thread for me to post Flame's material, so I do take advantage of and greatly appreciate the opportunity.

If this thread was ever to be closed/locked down, I would never post another factoid about the Flames on this MB.

Everybody is welcome to post in any thread or start any thread as long as they remain on point with the thread topic, or the thread they start belongs in the correct forum (if not we will move it to the right one).  All we ask of everybody is remain within the rules of this forum.

So, If my contributions are not appreciated here, it would be quite simple to silence me; as IMO fighting, insulting, and arguing on the internet are all a total waste of my time.

If this thread was ever closed, I would post much less on this MB and probably mainly just lurk to read comments and opinions.
All that aside, I challenge any of you to find anything that I have ever posted on any hockey MB that is a deliberate lie.

420 I think you got me all wrong... my post was meant to be completely humorous and facetious, I was just trying to have a bit of fun.  I in no way whatsoever want you to stop posting here.  Most of us enjoy discussing the Oilers AND Flames with you including myself... sorry if it came off any other way!

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CalgaryFlamesAltFan said:

I'm pretty much the same as 420, except more bias to the Flames team admittedly.  However, I have watched more Edmonton Oiler games now that I am contributing to this website.  I appreciate the criticism of my team here, I do need to weed through what is constructive criticism and what is an emotional criticism.  We all enjoy hockey, a beautiful dangle move, an unexpected no look pass, unexpected velocity of a puck off a stick, and a great save.  It is interesting to hear a perspective of someone without their rose colored glasses on.

what?  hockey fans EMOTIONAL??? whodathunkit lol! 

It's hockey.. the best sport on the planet.  I watch every game I can.  In fact if it weren't for hockey I likely wouldn't even own a television because that is literally all I watch aside from the odd movie.   I love wathing it and  I love talking about it especially when there are opposing viewpoints on it.  Being informed with all points of view and matters of discussion makes us all better hockey patrons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bronco,

"Be respectful and non-antagonistic and most people will be accepting no matter who they cheer for."

I feel fairly confident that any Oiler's fan from this MB who followed the above would at the minimum be tolerated, if not actually welcomed on the official Flame's MB.

I find this to be true on almost all hockey MBs with the exceptions of the Leaf's and Canuck's websites.

They are both downright toxic to any fan of another team, it's really a complete toss-up as to which one is worse.

In my personal experience though, Vancouver's CDC is the most vicious.

Just one minor example:

Just before opening night in 2014/2015, I posted my opinion that all of the Flames, Canucks, and Oilers teams were going to be bottom feeders that season.

Man, did they ever rip me a new one, it went on for pages and pages, LOL

When both the Canucks and Flames inexplicably made the play-offs; I was of course pleased to be wrong, and it was so sweet to knock them out in the first round (which they still gripe about it to this day).

 

Don't sweat it at all; I am not PO'd or feeling insulted, though I admit to being a little slow to realize your true intent (humorous and facetious).

That's totally on me for not picking up on your context.

Regardless, I just thought that I would set the record straight about my intentions and actions with regards to this MB in general and this thread in particular.

To reiterate, I greatly appreciate the opportunity that I am afforded to post here.

Yes, I am more of a Flames fan than an Oilers fan, but I do follow both teams on a regular basis.

Anytime the Flames have been out of the play-offs and the Oilers are in, I have cheered for Edmonton over all other teams, and that's been my M.O. since 1980.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 420since1974 said:

Happy,

I "borrow" these from Pyromancer on the official Flames MB.

He usually posts them at 30 games, 41 games, 55 games, then weekly until the end of season.

Ahh gotcha, thanx. I think I ask you the same thing every year when you post them and you tell me the same thing every year lol. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CFAF:

I hope so too, as he's got to up his game while Backlund and Frolik are injured, this is his chance.

He is the highest ever draft pick of the Calgary Flames.

He excelled in his rookie season playing LW with Backlund and Frolik on the checking line.

Then he had two seasons of GG trying to force him into the 3rd line C role with garbage wingers like Brouwer.

Bennett has hit so many posts and had way more than his share of goals called back, that it has got to be frustrating.

Edited by 420since1974

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×